Friday, February 19, 2016

2016 Winger February 19 Friday


64 degrees this morning.  No Walk

Getting adjusted to our “new” house.  Still unpacking and trying to find things!  I’m sure there will be some things we won’t find for months!

Plan on resuming walking etc. tomorrow morning.  Still have to locate some of my walking items.

There is always a little trepidation about walking in a new area, although there is also the anticipation of discovery.  Since I really don’t have my route worked out yet, Saturday will be a good time to start looking for a new route.  

A new route, like anything new, has some anticipation and also some thinking about where to try to walk.  In the case of this neighborhood, the alternatives are almost endless, whereas in the my most recent neighborhood it was very limited.  

Also hope to resume biking and swimming soon.  I decided to wait until after my Doctors appt. about my lingering cough.  We also will be much more moved in by then.  

I really do like my new office.  One thing I really like is I an adjust the window shades so I can always have natural light coming into my office without the morning sun (it faces east) being too overwhelming.  While there are houses around, one part of the window faces a natural area, which is  really nice.  

For the first time in I don’t know how many years (at least 15 and probably 28), our trash pickup day is not on a Monday!  It is on a Friday, which will take some getting used too.

The new City (we live in a new city with a different electric utility, water, trash, sewer etc.) even though we only moved about 3 miles!  Actually here the City handles the electric utility.  

This City is also much more protective of residents, which is why we moved.  

This city is much more progressive on recycling, with a “big blue” (or maybe “big green” ) 105 gallon covered cart that (in most cases) won’t blow away in the wind.  They also take cardboard etc., unlike the past city.

The only drawback is it is every two weeks instead of weekly.  I can live with that, the only problem will be remembering which week is  recycling!  I may just put it out every week and not worry about it!

While moving, I noted the many clothes and other items I don’t really use that much (read, I wouldn’t be caught dead in some of the clothes), so I plan on continuing to “weed” out clothes and other items I don’t use anymore.

Unfortunately, since we only owned a house for part of last year, we may not have enough deductions to qualify to itemize on our tax returns.  That means all the time we spent on keeping records for the home office, job expenses, donations etc. was basically wasted, although we will definitely qualify this (2016) year!  

In regard to the garage door openers.  I was able to program both cars to open one garage door, even without the garage door openers.  It will help some, since instead of coming into the house and opening the garage door, I can open the large garage door and run in and shut the “little” garage door.  

Since we are going to be here for awhile (like it or not!, although so far we really like it), I also plan on my favorite project of replacing light bulbs with LED light bulbs both to save on electricity and also to not have to change the light bulbs so often!  

Of course, I have to remember the General Electric LED “night light” that was supposed to last 13 years and ended up lasting three months (if thatI).   I complained to GE about it and got a $5.00 “coupon” on a GE light bulb!  I sent it back with a letter explaining my thoughts about their reaction.  (Not a nasty letter, but plainly stating my thoughts on it.)  


That’s it for now, Friday, February 19, 2016.  

No comments: