Thursday, February 18, 2016

2016 Winter February 18 Thursday


58 degrees this morning, no walk (moving)

Moving, the “closings” on the houses etc. went about as well as could be expected.  No major glitches etc. (except for the electricity going off for about an hour while we were moving, but it didn’t really cause any problems.  

No walk this morning because I couldn’t find my walking clothes anyway packed somewhere!) plus just the normal activity of moving etc.  

I actually really like our “new” house thus far, although we are still organizing etc. and probably will be for some time.

The only really negative thing was the bush league actions by the previous owners of now leaving any toilet paper in the toilets and not mentioning that 3 of the 4 garage door openers don’t work.  

Of course that makes you wonder about what type of persons they were and what else they “forgot” to tell us!  I”m sure we’ll find out soon.

However, overall, we couldn’t have have asked for a better move, or certainly a better day to move (sunny and, I think, around 75 degrees!)

Still have occasional fits of coughing. I have another Doctors appointment in the near future and hopefully will resolve the coughing issue.  Not near as bad as the first month by any means, but yesterday marked two months.

There are a lot of things we like about the new home, including a “bonus” room upstairs for storage (and my exercising) etc.  that we like. 

In the past, I did my exercises (very short weight lifting with bar bells, sit ups etc.) outside, under the covered part of the patio.  That may sound weird, but it really was actually rather nice, even in winter since I always exercised after my walk so I was dressed for it.  However, I will enjoy the inside.  

We like the fact the garage is somewhat bigger and we were able to get both cars in the garage!.  Not having the garage door openers in working order didn’t help, but….

A major negative is the last of much of a covered patio (only a very small part is covered) and that may be a project as time goes on.

Today I will start back to work after a 3 day holiday and two days of vacation.  I couldn’t help but sneak a look at my e-mail and discovered my work computer issues had returned.  They are getting a new base under warranty.  Actually, it is a tablet.

We live by our computers (since we have a home office and are mobile several days per week) so any disruption or problems is serious!  Hopefully they will are worked out soon.  

Now the part of moving starts where we organize and unpack and move in.  We already have targeted several things to take for donations, and I expect we will have much more as we realize there is really no reason to keep something we haven’t used for years if it doesn’t have any sentimental value also.  

For example, I have been dragging around a “heavy bag” and boxing mechanism that takes up a lot of space and is very awkward.  I’d like to use it but don’t have the space it really needs.  I found the receipt and I paid slightly over $100 for it years ago, but have probably spent much more that that just dragging it around and the wasted space it takes!  

Should be a simple decision, but it isn’t!

Some neighbors came over and introduced themselves, which is nice.  We are looking forward to unpacking and returning to “normal” as we attempt to find things!  


That’s it for now, Thursday, February 18, 2016.

No comments: