Sunday, February 21, 2016

2016 Winter February 20 Sunday



51 degrees this morning, walk 36:21 minutes 

This house has a lot of strange noises early in the morning, beyond the midnight hour. 

When I got up this morning I heard creaks, bumps etc., which made me wonder what was going on!  

In our “bonus room” upstairs  there is a small door that leads to the area with all of the equipment, pipes etc.  The door was kept locked, we assumed for the safety of the children.  Now, I wonder if it was locked to keep something out!

Regardless of my first thoughts, obviously I don’t really believe it is anything more than noises I’m not used to yet.  I hope!

Did my regular exercise routine this morning, walk, sit-ups, another strange sitting up exercise I do and weights.  Felt good to get back into the routine.  Now if I can get back to bicycling and swimming.

The walk this morning was a different route.  Oddly enough, it turned out to be almost the same time as my usual walk has been.  I don’t know it that will be my regular route or not, probably I will experiment a little yet.  

So far, I haven’t met a single car, person, or barking dog!  (Or skunk, cat, possum etc.)

I am very disappointed in the U.S. Postal Service.  Did all of the right filing etc., mail still isn’t being forwarded.  It seems they should be more efficient.  

If you are moving, I suggest you have the post office “hold” your mail until everything is forwarded, at least if you live close to a Post Office.  In our case, we live less than a mile, so I should have just had the mail held.  It seems they should be more efficient in forwarding mail.  I have visions of unpaid bills, and probably lost mail.  

The presidential election continues to amaze.  Probably what is worse is the pandering to special groups even by the “establishment” candidates.  Politics as usual! 

Read some some about the “private space” companies.  It appears much of their research and development is funded by fat cat contracts from the U.S. Government.  Of course, obtained after  extensive “lobbying” and making “contributions” to the right people, at least in some cases.  

Even then, it is very interesting to read how they develop their space projects. There is an entire world economy based on production of rocket engines etc., with many engines purchased from even Russian companies, with some production in the United States.

It will be interesting  to watch how it develops.  Of course, it is even more likely that the “disruptors” who made their money in developing and marketing new technology will be “disrupted” by entirely new ways of sending items (and people) to space.  

I am surprised there hasn’t been more development of “teleporting” (kind of like “here now, 1000 miles away in short time, or a new way of magic).  I really haven’t read much research on that, although its would take quite a leap in technology, especially doing it with people.

That would really “disrupt” the  freight companies (especially FedX, UPS, USPS etc, with small packages).  

Maybe drones are a start on that, although you would need to find a way to prevent people and things from crashing,  getting lost in transit or “teleporting” and ending up in the same form that you started.  Or maybe that is the answer, changing the form.

Doing a lot of unpacking, obviously.  Still looking for some items.  I am going to bite the bullet and get rid of a bunch of clothes, books etc.!


That’s it for now, Sunday, February 20, 2016.

No comments: