Tuesday, February 23, 2016

2016 Winter February 23 Tuesday



48 degrees this morning, walk 36:27 minutes

Rain coming in, didn’t really think I would be able to walk this morning, but the rain was all around us.  

Actually I didn’t really think I would be able to complete the walk from the weather map, but it still hasn’t started raining.  There were a few sprinkles while I was walking but nothing that makes me think it would immediately start raining.

My current route is more “long” I guess you would say, in that I am relatively far away from my house at the furtherest point.

Two big earthquakes last night, the epicenter probably about 5 miles away.  Both 3.5.  I didn’t feel them, Aliene did.  I was at a meeting and was probably driving when they happened.

We do have earthquake insurance with our new policy, which is good, or at least we will have in 30 days.  It has a 2% deductible and doesn’t cover “masonry” but it is a lot better than what we had (which was no earthquake insurance).  

There was a 5.2 earthquake about 60 miles north of us, so the insurance company instituted a 30 day waiting period on earthquake insurance, but the insurance agent thought they might cover us since we were new.

I think the earthquakes are a perfect example of what happens when an industry (through “political contributions”) elects their own oversight!  

I really don’t see any reason they couldn’t figure out how to recycle the wastewater from oil wells, if they had been made to do so at the very beginning, they probably would have developed a relatively inexpensive way to do it by now.  

I have only felt two of the earthquakes, and I am just as glad I wasn’t here last night to feel them.

It is really  strange that I don’t feel an earthquake maybe 10 miles away but people all throughout the regional area (including other states) feel it.

Routines are hard to remember when you move!  For example, I have forgotten to take my evening medicine the last two days, which is bad enough.

Then, this morning I somehow forgot to do my setups and weights!  Just didn’t think about it until I was about ready to shower!

The “Great Course” is working great on my walking.  I listen to one per day, not out of planning, but just the way it is set up.  Since I have it set for 1.25% speed, I figure  each sector about 60 minutes. 

Since I walk about 36 minutes, and probably start it 2 minutes before I start my walk and end it about 10 minutes after I get back, time 1.25 is 60 minutes!  I’ll check, I think they actually say how long they are.  

Routines are good to have, as long as the routine doesn’t become so important you can’t stray from them sometimes, but I don’t know how I will trigger taking my medicine at night.  Actually there is only one that really matters, my cholesterol medicine.

I hate taking medicine, but finally realized that I do need to take cholesterol medicine is necessary to take,and I can’t (or at least don’t) control it with proper eating and exercise.

Actually, the medicine I am taking is very effective, and, maybe with the medicine and with exercise and somewhat proper eating, I can control it.  119 at my last test!

Going to see a person I know become a “naturalized” citizen today.  I have never seen one, and am looking forward to it. 


That’s it for now,  probably a rainy Tuesday, February 23, 2016 (but it hasn’t started yet!)

No comments: