Saturday, February 20, 2016

2016 Winter February 20 Saturday



65 degrees this morning.  “First Walk” in new neighborhood 32:00 minutes.  

Didn’t meet a car, person or, better yet, any barking dogs!

Moving continues and will probably continue for some time!  Unpacking boxes and trying to organize as well as unpacking to try to find something!

Walk this morning was good, although I way overdressed for the warm weather.  Of course, some things I can’t find include my walking shoes, reflective clothes etc!  However, at least I could find enough clothesto walk.  

What is really strange (and probably somewhat normal) is that I took special effort to put some clothes and items I would need for either work or daily living in a place where “I knew” I would find it.  Of course, guess what!  Not all plans work!

I thought the first day “in the field” for work would be difficult, but it went well.  I always get a positive feeling from meeting people, even when it isn’t always a positive event.  Of course, people run the full range of personalities etc. 

Overall I am impressed by the people I meet, although most of them have to be tuned in to customer service, which may make a difference, even on a non-customer.  ‘

 I find (hopefully) it is getting easier and easier to donate/throw stuff I haven’t used for a long time or just don’t need.  Hopefully the practice will follow the spirit and I will be donating/giving away/throwing a lot of stuff.

My coughing seems to have somewhat  subsided (of course, just when I have a Doctors Appt. scheduled for it!), but i’ll wait and see.  Hopefully it has stopped and I can adopt some preventative measures to at least minimize coughing  in the future.

I heard yesterday that yet another person who became rich off of new technology and a successful business is trying to build space ships.  This would be the third person (at least)  

I wonder if, like many inventions, there isn’t something in the wind and everyone is working on the same thing.  considering the amount of money it must cost, that is not an insignificant amount of money.

It may be the race to be first and “set the standard” that other people will follow.  It seems budding space ships for possible passenger travel is a low market endeavor, but there probably is a lot of market for carrying satellites to space, doing tests etc.  may are enough to keep several companies in business.

I expert there are several alternative results.  It may be there is a market for all of them and the different standards won’t matter, which I doubt will happen.

More likely, one company will be successful and buy out the other companies, although it is an entirely new  business, so it is impossible to know what may be successful.
I am hoping the warm weather continues.  Yesterday, the weather  was so nice people were wearing shorts and feeling very comfortable.  I know, because I changed to shorts also!

At the least, there should be  very little cold weather left this winter.  Usually by early March things   start to warm up    and cold weather is very sporadic rather than vice-versai.  

Didn’t go to the “opening night” of the Library Book Sale.  May go this weekend, if my granddaughter wants to go, but otherwise, i just don’t want to tempt myself to buy more books!

That’s it for now, Saturday   February 20, 2016.


                              




No comments: