Saturday, February 06, 2016

2016 Winter February 6 Saturday


40 degrees this morning, walk 36:24 minutes

February 6 has frequently been an interesting day for me.  My life has altered several times on February 6 (actually for the better each time).  That is, to me it seemed like for the better at the time.  

On the other hand, you never really know if something is for the better, since it is impossible o “unwind” time and see what would have happened otherwise! 

Better to just make the best decision you can and not worry about it!  

Smelled the strong “scent” of skunk this morning.  Nothing makes you more alert that the scent of a skunk, other than maybe the rattle of a snake.  Although I think I’d gladly take the snake before I tangled with a skunk.

One time on my walk, I encountered a skunk (at least an animal with a white stripe) walking down the trail.  I very quickly turned around and went the other way!  

I always associate the skunk smell in the air with Spring, so maybe it is  foretelling an early Spring, which would be nice  

I remember several years ago, it warmed up around this part of the winter and never really got cold again, it just seemed to stay warm.  One of my favorite memories!

For some reason Peter Paul and Mary’s “Puff the Magic Dragon” is running through my head this morning.  Why,, I don’t know.  Maybe I heard it someplace and didn’t realize it  Especially the part about “little Jackie Paper”.  I thought maybe I had mis-remembered the name, but I checked on Google and it was right. 

My  iPod is now on tune 654 of 6544 songs “Suite Judy Blue Eyes”.  I listen to it while I write this and sometimes while I eat breakfast and do other things before I start work.

My heart and imagination leap a little when I  read that the International City Managers Association was having having another  meeting in China.  Doubt that I can swing it this year, but it is fun to think about it.  

This meeting is oriented towards people who would be interested in consulting work, which is something I would like to do.  This time, I probably would just go for a short time, maybe the meeting and a couple of days  before or after.  It is in a different part of China so that would be interesting.  

Just looked at the  results of my lab test I recently had.  The advances caused by the internet etc. are truly amazing.  In the past, I may have gotten the results when I saw the Doctor.  

Now I get an e-mail that they are available and I can go look at them right now!  they are all “normal” range, which is good.  I think.  That is the only problem, if you read them and don’t understand something, it could make the wait to see the Doctor seem like a long time!  I think this is also only part of them.

Glad the weekend is here.  I enjoy my work, but the weekend is nice also.  

I  researched some more about a possible touch screen on a future Mac.  Of course, there is a lot of “no way”, but also some possible thoughts about it. Hopefully the computer (my MacBook Air) will last for several more years. 

Strange to think we will be moving in the near future (assuming everything goes ok).  I am sure we well have second thoughts, as well as discover things we like, but that is part of the process.  

One thing I won’t miss is my “across the street” neighbor who opens his garage door every morning (early) and starts his noisy car and lets it run for 15 minutes and then takes off in a roar.  It is the roar of one of those pathetic small engines, not even a decent roar!   


That’s it for now, Saturday, February 6, 2016.

No comments: