Monday, February 01, 2016

2016 Winter February 1 Monday



36 degrees this morning, walk 35:33 minutes

A little colder this morning, apparently more cold weather coming in.

I think another invention 3-D printing, has been below the radar after it was hyped up, but I think it will eventually surpass the hype.

I saw a 3-D printer in the mall the other day that will print almost any trinket you desire.  

What really  caught my attention was a TV host with a lot of cars (I don’t recall his name) noted that he had two 3-D printers (probably the industrial type) that he could “print” parts for his old cars.  He didn’t need to go to a machine shop any more or a junkyard, he just printed out the parts!

In a related story, I read recently about Doctors “printing” out bone parts and, if I remember correctly, an artificial hand.  

Next will come 3-D printing of body parts with human cells, including hearts, etc.!

Imagine what it will be like if people no longer have to wait for transplants for hearts, kidneys, etc!

To say that will revolutionize a car repair and health care is putting it mildly, if you think about it! 

Like all inventions, I am sure that it will be used to in both positive and negative ways we haven’t even though of (printing out of guns etc.). 

I have read about operational cars that are basically designed and printed (the body parts etc) and the car body and interior I have  is completely recyclable.  

I think considering the cost of design,building prototypes etc., this will be a major factor in all industries.  

I have been trying to stretch my mind to think of the limitations of 3-D printing.  Obviously there are limitations and the operational 3-D printers are still limited, but what happens when major advances are made?

I have a feeling I can’t even imagine the changes 3D printing will made, probably in just the next five years! 

I will need to read up on this some more. Not to go out and buy a 3D printer (maybe 40 years ago I would have!), but just to consider the changes it will bring to society and to the world.  

Tie it into Virtual Reality etc, and the possibilities for change are endless.  

I think that is what I miss most about the time spent in moving, all of the time spent in looking up and  responding to the insane and time-wasting  requirement of the government, etc. and you don’t have a lot of time for reading or thinking.  

I really can’t even imagine what they were thinking on some of the just stupid and expensive requirements they made.  They should have used the time and energy on the criminals who ripped everyone off in 2008.  

There is even an big “warning” that the “FBI investigate fraud” in mortgage applications!  Tell that to the bankers and thieves who make billions ripping people off, not the person applying for the mortgage.

Anyway, I hope to get time to research concepts like 3D printing etc. and keep up with what is going on.  

February 1 of 2016.  One extra day this month but it will still be gone before we know it!


That’s it for now, Monday, February 1, 2016.

No comments: