Monday, August 03, 2015

Summer 2i015 August 3 Monday



82 degrees this morning, walk 42:43 minutes 

Almost didn’t walk this morning, the “weather app” showed rain coming in this area.  Although i couldn’t tell if it was actually in my area, the the chance of rain was only about 40%, you never know.

I didn’t wear my new shoes since I didn’t want to take the chance of getting them muddy the very first day.  

Of course, it didn’t rain or even come close to rain. that I could tell.  A little cloudy but that was it.

I need to wear my new shoes since I have a 30 day guarantee “for any reason” I can take them back for a full refund.  I doubt that I will do that but it is nice to know they have confidence int their product.

Kind of like Hampton Inn, a “no questions” refund even after you stay the night.  I read that only about 2 % of the people took advantage of it.  I think of all the Hampton Inn’s we stayed at over the times we cane back and forth from Memphis, I think I got a refund twice, and that wasn’t even requested, I just complained and they did it, even though I specifically said I didn’t want it, I just wanted to let them know of a problem.

USA Today (at least the iPad app version) has become somewhat of a joke.  Yesterday, on the  front NEWS page there was FIVE (yes five) stories of some female wrestlers or boxer or something that I had never heard of and didn’t care to hear about.  It seems that belongs on the sports pages (maybe) or the gossip pages.

That was a disgrace to the news profession 

It seems that many internet news sources (and cable tv) have “news” stories that are really personal opinions/agendas disguised as news stories, or unending junk about “celebrities” or  sports that belong on either the opinion page, gossip page or sports page.  

USA Today is especially bad about pushing it’s own agenda on stories disguised as “news” stories, that are really just puff pieces for someone’s personal agenda.

I really think there used to be some integrity in news stories, but there really isn’t any more on at least the internet sites and cable tv.  It may be entertainment, but it isn’t really news.

If it isn’t personal agendas, it is advertising to tied into news that the actual “news” is worthless.  Even Kiplinger Magazine, a magazine I usually respect, is impossible to read on Facebook with their “bait and switch” tactics that I really don’t know the ads from the news.  Shame on them. 

So I do the normal thing, and simply don’t read it.  

While we will probably continue “moving” for some time, we got some pictures up over the weekend.  While a somewhat small accomplishment in the overall scheme of things, it is a maker.  Now we have to get tennis balls up in the garage (to help park the cars) before I scratch the car of worse.  

First of the month, hopefully will have some new “work tasks/accounts” this morning.

Dream yesterday morning:  8 2 15 Dream

Dreamed I was working in a combination office/restaurant.  

I was training someone in work as well as talking to others.

I noticed some persons doing construction work outside  in what appeared to be a crew of   people working on on an old filling station type pavilion 

I was going to talk with one of the workers about something and then the worker called me and told me he had been laid off that mooning.  

I went out to talk with him, but couldn’t because of a heavy rain which suddenly started.

I appeared to be working with a number of city employees I had worked with in the past.

When the person who had been laid off came in, he mentioned how he had talked his way out of it. 

At this point, I woke up.  The the dream was very powerful and I woke well before my normal waking time.  It took me a while to realize it was just a dream and I forgot a a lot of the details by the time I started recording it.

The setting appeared to be a restaurant in Waldo, Kansas, (where I went to the 8th, 9th an 10th grade) although it was very loosely based, since it was a combination restaurant/offices.  

That’s it for now, Monday August 3, 2015


No comments: