Friday, August 21, 2015

Summer 2015 August 21 Friday


72 degrees this morning, walk 38:23 minutes

Coolish wind this morning, makes it almost as cool as yesterday.  There is a wide variance in how 72 degrees feels now and how it feels when the sun is up.

Katherine has her Facebook page, and I am proud of her for her restraint!  She actually did a really nice job on it. Another one of life’s milestones!

Friday already in late August.  As I mention frequently, time sure does fly.  Two years ago seems like another world, as I guess it actually is another world, a place I will never return too.

On the other hand, I could say that about any day or even hour, or even moment is a world apart that I will never return to visit.

Somehow I have slipped into my new age without any problems.  Some ages, it seems like I always say my previous age and then have to correct myself for six months, other ages, I say it without any hesitation.  

Stock market setbacks are always a little difficult to determine how to respond.  You know (and hear) “it always comes back”, but you have to wonder if “this time is really different”!  

The WordPress is advancing into areas I will probably never use, but I am glad to know about what can be done with WordPress.  One of those things you wish you had known about years ago, although I don’t know if I would have done anything with it even then.  

However, I think the important thing is the practice in using the basics of WordPress.  As I mentioned before, that is the way I learn something like WordPress, just by doing it.

School started yesterday for almost all schools in this area (or at least all schools in this area are now in school.  It means the hustle and bustle of school zones (motorists here really don’t observe school zones, which surprised me), school buses and school activities. 
In just a few days, I will have my two year anniversary of my “tooth implant”, at least the first surgery.  It actually took almost a year from my first surgery to the completion, and of course the quoted price skyrocketed.

It is one of those things, if I was asked if I would do it again, I would say, probably not, at least unless I had to due to an accident etc.  On the other hand, I probably would use a different Dentist and that could make a world of difference. 

We have been “lucky” in the sense that we have a primary care Doctor who we really like and who really fits the role of the Doctor who cares about his patients. 

Of course, Aliene was really fortunate to have the surgeon she did for her neck operation, he did a wonderful job.  

For some reason, my “GIRD” appears to be flaring up, which causes me to cough.  There is probably several reasons for that, but I decided to eat in smaller bits throughout the day, and take more Tagamet!  I also will need to revisit the things you are supposed to do to reduce the symptoms of GIRD.

I quit drinking any kind of carbonated beverages about 8 years ago due to the GIRD, and have to admit I haven’t missed them.  

Probably coffee is one of my culprits in the GIRD systems, but frankly there are a lot of other things I will try before I cut out coffee!

The weekend is coming!


That’s it for now, Friday, August 21, 2015.

No comments: