Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Summer 2015 August 26 Wednesday


75 degrees this morning, no walk due to slight sore throat, post nasal drip.  Don’t want to make that any worse!  

One thing I have always hated is the early fall or mid/late Spring cold.  While this isn’t really a “cold”, it is close enough to be a hassle.  

One “cure” I learned years ago is to drink Gatorade.  At times, it works like a miracle, at the least it makes me feel better.  

I had drank Gatorade for a cold for a long time.  My theory was somewhat documented after Aliene develop a cold, called the nurse, and was told to drink Gatorade!  It is actually fairly common now, I briefly did an internet search and it is fairly widely recommended.

I really hate to miss my walk and swim.  The walk especially is a major part of my day and I think a time when I not only get exercise but also a chance to consolidate my thoughts and think about things, even though I do listen to a book while I walk also.

In spite of not walking, somehow the morning still is “hyper-time” and the time just seems to evaporate.  

Completed the WordPress course last night.  It included parts of WordPress that I will probably never use, but I am glad to know the capacity is there.  Also it is nice to know the general technique of how something is accomplished.

It is like the “coding” edition I read of Business Week, I know I’ll never write computer code, but I enjoy knowing in general how it is down, and some of the highlights (and lowlights) of the different languages and the culture of coding   

Actually, I did learn a lot in WordPress on my present WordPress Site and it gave me confidence to try additional changes.  

I think my biggest fear in dealing with computers is the fear I’ll change something and can’t change it back!  

Kind of like my “Word” page right now, there are two “formatting” sidebars open and I can’t figure out who to close one of them!  They are simply duplication.  

It is really a matter of time.  If I really needed or wanted one of the sidebars closed, I know I could find out how to do it, I just resent the time it takes to do such a minor task.

That is what I really hate about the continuing  problems with cable tv not performing as promised (or worse), dealing with the builder on problems they should have  fixed, the property management trying to cheat us on our deposit etc.  I know I can do something about it, I just really resent the time it takes.

Of course, I think that is what people like that/companies etc. expect is that it isn’t worth the hassle or cost and you will eventually just give up. 
Occasionally I do decide it isn’t worth it, although like they say, I make sure I never forget it either.  

Other times, I simply don’t give up, especially when I feel like someone or a business is operating in really bad faith and probably doing the same thing to other people.  

I think the problem is (and it is like bullies everywhere) they figure the cost to them is relatively small or not even really a cost it so trivial, but the most to the individual is extremely high in regard to the time it takes and the money it may cost.

Funny, I never realized that “” is spelled as “re sent”.  I actually had to look it up to see if I was spelling it right.  I was also surprised at the difference in what the dictionary said about “resent” and what Wikipedia said about it.  If you’re interested try it!


That’s it for now, Wednesday, August 26, 2015. 

No comments: