Sunday, August 16, 2015

Summer 2015 August 16 Sunday



71 degrees this morning, Walk 38:38 minutes

Cool weather is coming!  Actually the  forecast was for mid-sixties this morning, although it normally does get cooler after my walk.

During my walk this morning I was thinking of how changes in your life occur.

I had always used “long, over the ankle” socks for all my socks, even for walking.  I also used a certain type of undershorts since I was a child.  (I don’t need to go into detail.)

Several years ago, at the CMA fest, a company named Gildan that makes socks and underwear etc. gave out free samples of socks and underwear (sounds strange I know) as well as t-shirts etc.

Anyway, being the way I am, I worn the free socks, which were the “low ankle” type and found I really liked them.  (They were smart enough to give away a high quality sock)  I also tried out the new style of underwear and liked it.

Anyway, four or five years later, I now almost exclusively wear  the “low ankle” sock and different type of underwear, unless I am wearing dress clothes and it all ties back to the free socks and underwear at the CMA Fest.

Of course, the only kind of summer shorts (as opposed to slacks or jeans, not the underwear type) I buy are “cargo” shorts (for summer wearing), although cargo dress slacks aren’t quite acceptable yet, I”m sure they eventually will be.  Most of my casual slacks are cargo slacks
Strange how our preferences are set and can also change.  That was a structural change.  

I just changed to listening to my “original iPad” during my walk when I listen to my book.  The “audible app” is just too nice, and somehow my “original iPad” will run it fine while my re-purposed iPhone 3 and 3S, won’t, for some reason.  

Several years ago I read where the “original iPad’ value  was “zero”, but  mine still has an excellent value as a music player, some old apps that run good, a photo storage/display and now I listen to my books on it during my walk.  It also operates our security system.  

My original iPod has just about lost any usefulness (mainly since the original iPad,  iPhones 3 and 3S serve the same purpose and are newer and easier to use). 

It is SO much simpler to listen off the app then to go through the hassle of downloading the book, usually transposing several chapters in the process etc.  I’ll see about the extra weight.

For some reason, the original iPad has a battery like iron, I can literally run it for hours without recharging the battery.  The iPhone 3 and 3S battery is still excellent, although I normally needed to recharge it each day or at least every other day.  

It is also useful in another way since it gives me another use for the many “backpacks” (very simple backpacks) I have gathered throughout the years.  

I used to back up audio books to CD’s to listen in the car, but now I simply run off the app on my iPhone.  It is so simple it is unbelievable, once I learned how to do it.  Before that it was frustrating and maddening, but at least I finally learned how it works.  Now it is as simple as turning on my car radio.

Weekend is already half over, and month of August is half over, school is starting next week etc.  I have a hard time believing summer is almost over, and 2015 is already into August! 
.  

That’s it for now, Sunday, August 16, 2015.

No comments: