Sunday, August 02, 2015

Summer 2015 August 2 Sunday


75 degrees this morning, Walk 42:24 minutes

August 2, marks our 13th month here and 11th month at my job.  Talk about life changing fast at times.

Woke up about an hour early this morning with a recurrent dream that continued until I got up.  Not quite sure what it was about, but something about having to finish two tasks (like at work) before I woke up.  The only explanation I have is that my subconscious is trying to advise me about something I have to do, or it is just one of those weird dreams that consolidate your days  and it really doesn’t mean anything.  

I almost never wake up during my “regular sleep time”  for more than a few minutes and I didn’t necessarily wake up as much as it was a series of short naps, with the thought I had something i needed to get done.  

The subconscious and dream  states can be very hard to explain, and I don’t think there is really any such thing as understanding.  However, I feel being aware of it is important.

Sitting out on the patio, listening to a rustling  noise in the trees beyond the fence.  (I can’t justify calling it a “forest’, although it is a nice grove of trees.  

The rustling noise kind of sends a cold chill down my back, but I figure if I can hear it, it probably isn’t a threat.  It is the unheard and unanticipated noises that are threats or harmful.

Purchase a new pair of walking shoes yesterday and joined the YMCA (unrelated!).  

I used to purchase some inexpensive (well cheap) shoes at Department Stores or discount stores.  After visiting a foot doctor, I now go to a show shop (“Elite Feet”) specializing in personal service and who intensely study your feet and walking style to  determine which shoe is best.  It is worth the money to say the least, my feet thank me every day.  

Yesterday, I tried on about six pairs of shoes.  I thought I would have a very hard time deciding, but when I did, I had not difficulty making a final decision.  Actually, all of he shoes would have done fine, but the pair I got is even better. 

After I purchased them, they advised me the shoes had an “unconditional” 30 day guarantee, no matter what condition, or use etc.  

My only real concern was the style reminded me a little too much of “transformers” (in the toy) and even Aliene mentioned the style may be a “little young”, my  feet are my feet and when no one sees my shoes when I walk anyway!  I guess they may see them at the YMCA on rainy days, but so what!

We think we will be very pleased with the YMCA.  They have a lot of swimming lanes, stationary bikes and weight room (for me) and a variety of classes etc. for Aliene.


Another dream yesterday morning.
8 1 15 Dream

Elaborate dream about getting my pocket watch  fixed (an actual watch I actually own) after getting git it in some water.

The the dream, I had to go back twice to get a quote on fixing my pocket watch.  

I had to leave and come back and bought Aliene. 

After I got the price of fixing it, I decided not to fix it since the cost of fixing it was more than the cost of the watch. 

Then I decided maybe fixing it ls the way to go, and I asked Aliene about it.
It seem as it it was a large store, with most of the merchandise  in a glass case, ilike the old stores did.

It (the building and area) seemed to be an old high school.  The location generally was the “town square” in Holten, Kansas, where I  grew up as a child.

Very strong dream, took a while  after I woke up to realize it was a dream. 

In reality, I actually did buy a new battery for the watch last week.


That’s it for now, Sunday, August 2, 2015.

No comments: