Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Summer 2015 August 19 Wednesday


69 degrees this morning, no walk due to lightning and rain

Not as cold as they forecast (yet), but it looks like 69 degrees might be the high, at least for a while.  A lot of lightning and thunder.

The radar pictures on the weather app indicate we are currently in the worst of it and it will probably continue most of the morning, although not as hard.

Thinking about how small efforts can result in big results.  I probably write about 1 1/4 pages a day.  That is over 400 pages a year, which is a medium size book, assuming the written page is about equal to a “book” page.  It probably wouldn’t be a book anyone would want to read, but it is a book.  

I assume if you wanted to write a book, or accomplish any big task, if you could dedicate 30 minutes a day to it (or even 15 minutes) you could accomplish a lot in a year.  

I think the key is deciding how to prioritize your time, since there aren’t that many 15 or 30 minute periods in a day that you can dedicate to a single project!  

I remember when I was younger my parents had the “five foot Harvard Book Shelf” or something like that.  I remember reading if you spent 15 minutes per day reading them you wold obtain the same knowledge as a college degree.  What college degree, I don’t remember.

Of course, that wouldn’t be true now, since there has been so many changes, but it illustrates what a little effort per day can do.  

Also, the explosion in information has been truly a tidal wave of change that very few people could conceive before it happened.  

Of course, you can look at it the other way  also.  While it depends on what you consider a waste of time or “frivolous”  use of time, that also adds up!  Nothing wrong with frivolous use of time, I think everyone needs to consider balance in their life.  

I was just thinking, if I walk 40 minutes per day, say roughly 28 days per month, that totals about 224 hours per year walking.  That doesn’t seem right, but I computed it several times and that is want I get.  That would be equal to 28 work days (8 hours per day) per year, if I figured it right!

This thinking came up while I was thinking about the WordPress class.

It has been a good class, and I think the important thing is I am learning where to effectively find information on where to go look for something when I am trying to accomplish something on my web site.  I don’t want to do some of the project now, but I may in the future.  While I may not remember exactly how to do it, I am learning of where to go to get help and also some of the basics in navigation of WordPress.  

Also, I think in trying the more advanced features, I get to use some of the basic features which area  foundation of WordPress, so that is good  reinforcement.
Dream yesterday morning, a really strong dream, it took me a while after I woke up to realize it was only a dream.

Dream, Tuesday, 8-18-15

Dreamed I was in a high building with friends, a very high building somewhere it was cold in the winter (probably Chicago)  They had a hot tub in a car that hung out over the street with an “open air” view and a way of  getting back in where  it was difficult and could make you subject to falling.  (Kind of like an open air door with a step.)

At times, someone would come out and push the car/hot tub, terrifying me as he car rocked.

The same dream, but a different scene, I was worried because I had lost a child I was supposed to be watching.  While shopping (or something) I couldn’t find him.

I was never more glad to wake up and realize it was just a dream!

the characters in the dream are unknown.  Aliene was in the dream the child and his mother, but otherwise they had no dimension in real life.

I really was feeling like the dream was real.

The entire dream was in a big  city, not sure what i was doing there.  Really realistic 


That’s it for now, Wednesday, April 19, 2015

No comments: