Sunday, August 30, 2015

Summer 2015 August 30 Sunday


66 degrees this morning, no walk due to sinus infection

Feeling much better and a lot fewer coughing fits, but still not able to walk or exercise without coughing .  Aiming for Tuesday to walk again. (That is exercise walk, I am walking fine now!)

At least I am able to return to work Monday.  It has been so long since I was “sick” to the point I had to stay home for several days, I really don’t recall when it was. 

At least in this case, there was no question, I couldn’t go to work or even work in the office.  I really didn’t realize a sinus infection could be so vicious.  

As I noted before, it makes me realize how nice it is to feel “normal” and reasonably well.  A good reason to appreciate every minute of life as it unfolds.  

My sleeping patterns have changed, probably due to the medicine. There is one medicine I take for the Sinus Infection, while better than it used to be, it affects my sleeping patters and I am always glad with the medicine process is completed (also because it normally works!).  

I have missed being outside, I decided I didn’t want to take a chance on sitting outside, especially with the current cooler weather.  

I am hoping that Aliene didn’t catch what I had, we are going to  go to the “convenient care” facility if she shows any signs of it so it can be stopped before it gets too bad.  

Meanwhile time rushes on.

My Supervisor’s last day of work was Friday.  While I work only under very general supervision, it makes a lot of difference in my  day depending on who my  Supervisor is. A lot of my work involves interpretation of structured rules, which can be very vague and I have to simply proceed as if I know what I’m doing.  In most cases, at least I have a general idea!   

As long as I can make mistakes (while attempting to do the right thing), I tend to do all right since I learned a long time ago, I can easily say I made a mistake, lets correct it.

The concept of being able to fail has been one I tried to emphasize to people when I was a Manager, as long as I knew about the mistakes.  One of the first things I would normally tell people is I didn’t mind an honest mistake, as long as I know about it as soon as possible.  The mistake was covering up mistake, not making a mistake in attempting to correct a problem.

Some times, the biggest mistake doing nothing.  Of course, they say if you do nothing, you have made a decision, so at least make SOME decision, right or wrong. 

Although I don’t care all that much for the book I am listening to,  “Outlaw Platoon”, that concept is probably illustrated there better than in many management books, where a wrong decision may get you killed, but making no decision may get everyone killed. Anyway that is my interpretation of it.   

Just really have space for the dream I recalled yesterday morning before I woke up:

Dream 8-29-15 (Dream in morning)

Dream I was an inspector of restaurants in Alaska (or Canada, someplace like that), very cold, a lot of ice and snow.

My major job appeared to be inspecting restaurants to insure the meat was still cold or frozen.  (No idea where that came from).

Some of the meals were “traditional”, some were not.  

The last part of the dream concerned a restaurant and while I was there they were brining in a “traditional meal” of a seal (although a seal with hair like a bear and not a seal) was cut in half and put on a board and they were bringing the the half seals (if that is what they were) into the restaurant.  

i remember going over and observing that someone was planning a big celebration.  

Don’t really have any idea where this dream came from.  I remember part of the restaurant was basically constructed of ice and the restaurants knew I was the inspector.  

A very strange dream to say the least.  


That’s it for now, Sunday, August 30, 2015.

No comments: