Monday, August 24, 2015

Summer 2015 August 24 Monday


71 degrees this morning, walk 37:26 minutes

I carefully observed this morning and I am walking the same distance as I always have, but at a considerably faster pace.  Not sure why, although the new shoes were good for about a minute when I first started, but I can hardly believe new shoes are responsible for this increase.  

Today’s walk was about 1 1/2 minutes better than yesterday, which was also a record for that distance. 

It may well be I plateau and then break through the plateau in a big way.  I am assuming I will plateau again, although if I keep at this pace I probably will increase the distance.

Out on the back patio again.  Thought it might be a little cool this morning (for the way I am dressed, even at 71 degrees) if there was any wind, but there is just a light  breeze.  

Every time I come out on the back patio at night I think about the person in Memphis who observed they come out in the morning and had homeless people sleeping on their front door stoop!  That was at least 10 years ago, and I assume with the increase in downtown residential living in Memphis that doesn’t happen much anymore.

We actually thought about living downtown in this city.  It has a booming residential downtown population with a lot of restaurants etc.  It is amazing how much it has developed into an energetic living area.

Now, if the City would only start to require development that benefitted all residents instead of the standard “small lots, narrow streets, burden the Homeowners Association with all the costs of public services the city should pay, and make sure the developer and builders make a lot of money” type development.

I was surprised we were considered living in the “rural area”!  That is a sign of the prehistoric planning of this city.  

Actually sometimes we do wonder if we should have at least tried living downtown, but we didn’t.  There are a lot of things we would have liked, but a lot of things we would have missed.  I doubt if I could sit outside with a forest (well trees anyway) downtown, although with the poor planning of this city, I”m sure they will screw that up.

The dog next door rarely barks, so when it does, I wonder if anyone is around.  Hopefully they think the dog is in our yard.

i am busy filing code enforcement reports, when things really get bad.  I am relatively tolerant, but some contractors, businesses and property owners push too hard (high weeds, trash, lack of erosion control etc.) I decide it is time to push back.  If nothing else, let them know that someone is observing.  

Aliene bought down the “Fall” decorations yesterday, a sure sign that the seasons will be changing!  i enjoy the change, but it does mean Winter is coming.   

It does point out the problem of having an “attic”  (with the dropdown door in the garage) as opposed to a second story storage area with a regular stairs, but I am glad we have the room in the attic.

Another dream to record.  Sometimes I really wonder if they have any significance at all, but that is why I record them.

6 23 15 Dream
Dreamed I was on some sort of business trip but I spent a lot of time packing and unpacking.  I was even trying to pack things such as plants etc.  

I remember sitting in a conference type room (the auditorium type).  Reminded me of the area of the conference in China.  

No idea as to what the conference (or meeting or whatever) was about  What I remember about the dream was the packing and unpacking, especially the packing to return.  

At one point in the dream I was packing while they were showing the room to someone and i was trying to pack everything.  In the process I broke off a plant , but I just thought was it would make it easier to pack.  (It had like a 3 foot plant that broke off.)

Very viivid dream took a while to realize it was “only” as dream.


That’s it for now, Monday, August 24, 2015

No comments: