Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Summer 2015 August 25 Tuesday



68 degrees this morning, no walk

Developed a case of “post nasal drip” yesterday, which happens to me a lot this time of year.  Decided not to walk to avoid making it worse, although  I really don’t know it that actually makes it worse or not.  With the last WordPress class tonight (a 3 hour class), and a lot of phone calls for work today  I decided not to take any chances.  

That (post nasal drip) has been a problem for me since I was in college.  I can remember my Freshman year, I went to the nurse and heard the term for the first time I can remember, but not the last, especially this time of year and early Spring. 

It seems to be made worse by direct air conditioning (such as in a car or being right under a vent), so it may be as much of an allergy reaction as anything else  

The only thing that really seems to help is Sudafed, although I feel somewhat like a criminal when I buy it.  (I do understand the reasons, but that doesn’t change the fact that I feel somewhat furtive every time I buy it).

Went by the Apple Store yesterday and arranged my pictures on my hard drive to correspond with the latest Apple photo program.  .  I keep my picture    on a separate hard drive so I can work on them on both my laptop and my desktop.  

I am about to start on the process of “keeping the best” pictures and deleting the rest rather than trying to decide what to delete.  I actually have done quite a bit already, I just need to concentrate on finishing it or at least make a major effort in what is a continuing process, probably never to be completely finished since new photo’s are added all the time.  

“Field Day” yesterday, like always it seems every day is different, which is the way I enjoy it.  It is strange how a question will come up that has never come up before and then I”ll have 3 or 4 of the same questions the same day! 

Have a “sleep study” scheduled for later this week.  Fortunately it is a “home” sleep study.  I’m still unclear on exactly what the goal is and how my oxygen level affects me, but I”ll research it some before the sleep study so I know what to expect.  

I have to wonder, what did we do before computers and the internet and smart phones etc.!  I can remember looking up items in big books and I guess that is what we did!  

Had  a dream this morning during my “extra” nap from not walking.  Normally if I don’t walk, I do some reading or writing and then take a short “extra” nap and take my shower etc. at the usual time as if I had just gotten back from my walk.

This dream continues the “conference” or “meeting” theme I seem to be on.  Looking back, I am surprised at how many of my dreams involve some sort of travel, my bicycle (usually damaging it in some way), cars and hotels.  

There does not seem to be any pattern as to whom is in the dreams but they normally involve people from the past, not the present, except for family members.

Dream 8 25 15

Dreamed I was at a conference, specifically I was going to a “networking” event, with music and food.  If I remember my dream correctly I was there two nights.  The first night it was busy, the second night not, 

In my dream I was there and moving about like no one else was there, especially on the second night.  I was looking at food and trying to decide what to eat/not eat for some reason.  They had food like M & M’s, candy bars etc. displayed kind of like at a store.  A video played on a large screen tv. 

At first there was a buffet with a lot of people and  food that seemed to disappear (I went back to get some lemon pie and it wasn’t there) and then it changed to just candy and snacks in a display case and no one else in the room, although I could hear them.

I saw a couple I knew who worked for me in a previous city over 14 years ago.  They didn’t recognize me.

Apparently the event was a City Manager’s conference.  In my dream I wondered if it would be the last City Manager conference I attended.

At the end of the dream (or at least right before I woke up), I was the only one at the event trying to decide which of the candy products to take back to my room.  Aliene was in the room and I was trying to find something she would like also.  I don’t know where everyone else was, it was like they were there, but I was in a separate area.

I didn’t recognize the site of the dream,


That’s it for now, Tuesday, August 25, 2015.

No comments: