Monday, June 30, 2014

Summer 2014 June 30 Monday (And How the Winds Do Blow)

Summer 2014 June 30 Monday (The Winds of Change)

82 degrees this morning.

Felt the “normal” wind yesterday.  (perhaps that is enough said right there).

Aliene has been having severe headaches for the past week, so we decided at breakfast at the “First Watch”  cafe to go to Urgent Care facility literally around the corner. An excellent PA examined Aliene and recommended she go to a nearby Emergency Room for further examinations, including a “cat scan” of her head.  The PA was concerned the headaches COULD be caused by bleeding on the brain.  

Went to Mercy ER, again, excellent service, an excellent Doctor.  Cat Scan ok, Doctor thought was a severely irritated nerve.  He gave her some medicine and hopefully it will clear up the headaches within a week.  

I think the realization that “home was here” hit a little bit yesterday and our lives have permanently changed.  Probably the planning for the furniture to arrive, changes of address, looking for a new bank, the scheduled installation of a “home phone” and internet etc. for today (Monday) all made us realize that the changes are happening.  

Yes, and we do have AC now!!!  The problem (after the problem was fixed Saturday) was low coolant in the unit which was fixed yesterday.  Probably leaking coolant out of the coils.  It feels so good to have AC, although it never was that bad, we used ceiling fans only had to open the windows Friday night.  

I hope to start exercising today (walking since my bike is being moved).  I can just about do my usual walk by walking up to get the morning paper, if the morning paper is there.  (There goes one of my decisions not to buy the local paper!)

I hope the internet can be installed today, I really miss having the internet.  It is wonderful First Watch, Starbucks, McDonalds and the malls all have Wi Fi, but it is difficult to remember to do everything while you are there.  It is just an internal part of my life.  Thank goodness for my “smart phone” and the little bit of data program I have on my iPads.  Helps me stay sane, if that is possible 

We are planning the house, as far as where furniture goes etc. and realizing we have way too much stuff.  The house is slightly smaller then our Lakeland house (actually about 400 sq ft), but has a 3 car garage, meaning we have one garage for storage since we will never have 3 cars!  WE also have a dedicated study and exercise room and I can install my “punching bag” in the  garage.  

We are steeling ourselves to “give away, donate and toss” anything we can.  I plan on tossing anything I haven’t used for a year (with some common sense) that is relatively inexpensive to replace.  We (at least I) have let our possessions own us.  I just realized that I am letting items that, in most cases cost less than $100, many less than $20 own me!  Never again! 

Internet, cable tv and home phone to be installed today.  A bunch of other actions also (turn in final “move in” inspection of house, call and make address changes, start a new health insurance plan, a new bank, new exercise routine, AHHH!  the list goes on as do the everlasting  and continuous winds of change. Sometimes the wind blows hard, sometimes there is calm.

Like it or not, we are here, blown and blowing by the winds of change.  


That’s it for now, Monday, June 30, 2014.

No comments: