Thursday, June 05, 2014

Spring 2014 June 5 Thursday

70 degrees this morning, rain clouds around.
Yesterday may have been a hinge day in a year of major changes.  Possible changes in the house and job prospects.  We will see.  
CMA Fest today.  It is always fun, and always something new and different.  We have coming here for (I believe) 8 years now.  It is different every year.  I am wearing a pink "I love Country Music" t shirt I won last year, at least until I get self conscious about it!  Actually, I don't think it will stand out a bit.  They are well organized here.
Working on iPhoto.  I decided to move my "videos" over to iMovie, so I can edit them better.  That is another whole project.  The problem again is just the time it takes to learn and to actually do it.  I don't know where people get the time, even after I learn the process, it still takes a lot of time to do it right.
When I had lunch the other day with another person who was "in transition", i mentioned how it seems I still don't have more time, and I got a knowing not.  To some degree, I assume your priorities change.  I realized years ago I'd never get everything done, so it may be that the 80 hours or so I used to spend on city work is now used for other priorities that I just didn't get done.  I don't sleep anymore (in fact maybe less), I do go got the Apple Store more and am learning computer programs more.  I also spend a lot of time researching jobs, setting up a consulting business etc., so that is actually a fair number of hours.  I haven't kept track, but it can easily take a day to prepare a good cover letter, shape the resume to the job, research the potential employer etc.  (Than you don't even get a response about 70% of the time.)  Could mean I'm targeting the wrong potential employer, but I really don't think so, I am selective.  
I think one reason I don't do more "leisure" activities is, it is just like working, I feel like I should be doing something else.  
Working on Evernote some more.  I keep finding really wonderful things out about it.  Of course, I keep finding more and more things I need to buy, or rather, want to buy, to help me use it better.  On the other hand, I can cancel some other programs I pay monthly for and use Evernote instead.
Aliene is planning on starting a project of scanning all of her old photos, so I am looking for a low-cost, reliable, and most of all, user friendly, scanner.
Two days until Aliene's and my 17th wedding anniversary.  How the  time does pass!
That's it for right now, Thursday, June 5, 2014.

No comments: