Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Summer 2014 June 25 Wednesday (Housing Fever)

68 degrees this morning.

Yesterday was the first day in 12 1/2 years I didn't read the Commercial Appeal, by either the physical paper or the internet.  I knew I won't have the time to keep up with Memphis news etc. and so I decided to go "cold turkey" on Memphis news.  It is more difficult than I expected, I am already feeling withdrawal pains! 

 I am also "defollowing" (on Facebook) most of the Memphis and area Facebook entries, blogs, and twitter accounts.  I just feel I need to make a clean withdrawal, if I ever return, I can catch up fast.  

Overall, still too busy to think about the move and leaving Lakeland.  Yesterday was a whirlwind of looking at houses etc. after traveling in on the morning.  We found at least one house we really like and two others that would do.  

Since we are currently "homeless", we are focusing on finding a house.  I call it "new house fever", where that is your main focus and it just fills your time and is your priority.  Similar to "new car fever", "new computer fever" etc. The search just fills your time, since it is an important part of your life.  
We continuously read about available houses, the cost (of rental in our case), what they include, don't include. 

 Nothing is worse than missing a detail that later makes you crazy that it is missing, or there is some type of damage. (Like our car, the failure of the manufacturer to include a decent place for a cell phone etc. is very irritating  to say the least.  A house can be worse, if there is something you "think" you can stand (or worse yet, didn't notice). 

One of the worst parts about moving is he "vampire bills" (the services that never die, and keep charging you, even though you cancel numerous times).  Hopefully, there won't be any this time.  I have had to go as far as cancel a credit card to stop the charges and I simply don't allow access to our checking account.  I never use the "easy pay" accounts since so many of the phone companies etc. are good about adding "fees" and unknown "charges".  When I call they say "oh, hat is a mistake" and take it off.  Of course, it is never in my favor!

In any event, hopefully we will have a house today, or at least an address, so we can start getting ready for the move in, which will be next week.  We plan on actively "weeding" our possessions and avoid purchasing any more items that will just sit around!  As we unpack, we will ask ourselves if we "really need" or want an item before allowing it to take it's place in our new house.  

Again, I have to wonder what I would be doing now if the election had gone different in September and I was still working for Lakeland.   Obviously, our lives would be much different!

Took my morning nap.  Had a dream that somehow I got myself  caught in a huge milk bottle type of device (actually in the dream is was a like a trash dump in an apartment where trash is dumped at the top to a trash unit on another floor).  Anyway, I just  "imagined" myself out of it and told myself the  container was all a dream.  Not sure what that meant.

In the dream, I also dreamed I entered through a fireplace, so I must have been dreaming my entry to someplace was difficult and I needed to use more imagination.  Or something like that.


That's it for Wednesday, June 26, 2014.

No comments: