Sunday, June 15, 2014

Spring 2014 June 15 Sunday

73 degrees this morning.  Beautiful day today.  
iPhoto and my collection has become a task of climbing a mountain one step at a time.  When things settle down (famous last words) I need to tackle that and finish it or at least update it to the present.  One step at a time, a few minutes a day!
Just spent 10 of the last 11 nights at Hampton Inn.  Five at the CMA Fest at the Hampton Inn Downtown Nashville, four in Edmond, Oklahoma, at an interview and looking for houses and one in Clarksville, Arkansas on our way back to Lakeland.  Hampton Inn has to be the best value in reasonable quality hotels, and the staff of all of them were so helpful and courteous.  The Hampton Inn Downtown Nashville really made extra efforts to make our CMA Fest experience a great one, and the Hampton Inn Edmond staff really make extra efforts to help me print something (even to the point of letting me use her personal computer!) and the Hampton Inn in Clarksville is always great, especially the breakfast lady, although we didm't stay for breakfast this time.  We have been staying at the Clarksville Hampton Inn since we moved here, as it is almost exactly part way to Oklahoma City.  They are always so nice and actually recognize me when I walk in the door and frequently leave peanut butter cookies in my room for me!  
That is one aspect of moving we really regret, is having to say good-by to some of the best people in the world in Lakeland.  It will be difficult.  I hope they remain real and don't meld into memories that seem like they never really existed.  i am proud of many of the Lakeland residents who never changed after my job status changed here.  We will cherish their memory always and the good times we have had here.  
I say that as what has appeared remote, that we will actually move, is becoming more real.  Right now, we may be moving in 7 days or we may be here for some time yet. At this point, some things are out of our hands, although we always have the final decision, we don't know what final decision we may need to make.  I will miss my wonderful house and patio.
I had a friend who said "Life was a series of Hello's and Goodby"s".  I always hated that term when i heard it but I realized it was true.  Kind of like "The World Without End is Ending'.   Sometimes you need the goodbyes' to make room for the hellos.  Or something like that.  Unfortunately, like my first summer in Denver, you can only have an experience once, but then I am thankful I had the experience, so I can't really complain.  
Aliene and I have commented many times, that we will never regret out move to Lakeland, mainly due to the wonderful people we met and experiences we have had.  Of course, we didn't expect to experience the decline of Lakeland into a "non-City" due to the election of a  Spoiled Brat Politician and some Toadies who are intent on making it a non-City that may as well be part of the County. 
On the bright side, we don't have to experience it. 
Looking at houses was a positive experience, although we didn't see any houses like our current wonderful house.  On the other hand, we'll be in a City where there are not only great schools, but also walking and bicycling trails, great parks, community centers etc., with some truly Statespersons, like Lakeland used to have as leaders.
On the other hand, my experience has indicated that, in every community, there are cycles of great leaders and then the average maintainers (and rarely,  "leaders" who destroy a city due to their ignorance).
That's it for now, Sunday, June 15, 2014

No comments: