Friday, June 06, 2014

Spring 2005 June 6 Friday

66 degrees this morning.  Strong storm came through last night.  There has been a lot of rain the past several weeks.  Probably means a hot, dry spell is coming. 
D-Day.  Everytime I see videos or pictures of the action, I am amazed at the courage displayed.  I don't know what installs the ability to literally walk into death, but it illustrates a lot about the human capacity for motivation  Of course, courage is displayed in a lot of different ways and isn't always physical.  What has always amazed me about it is that it involves such a large group of people who display such courage.  (After writing this, I watched the ceremony on the 70th anniversary of D-Day and I am even more amazed.) 
We are in the midst of change, with no specific direction yet.  We have several people interested in our house, and we could be moving as soon as June 23.  On the other hand, maybe not.  We don't have another actual contract to purchase the house yet, Also job activity has picked up with several interviews.
We are really debating owning a house again.  There are a  lot of good points, but some really negative parts, like high fees for loans etc, and it literally ties you down at least people who don't have the financial capacity to keep one house going while buying another.  Also, renting is just so much more flexible.  Of course there are negatives to renting also.  
A call yesterday from a possible employer who got my name from another City brightened my day!  It sounds interesting and also was nice to receive an unsolicited call about a possible position!  My main objective in my next position is that it be interesting and keep me active and involved with people who are committed to creating a better organization or community.  I find that I frequently become more of a champion for the community than many people who live there.  I truly am committed to the community while I am there and it is a loss when I leave, especially when it is being destroyed as in Lakeland.  (That has never happened before, so it was a shock to see how fast a community can go downhill when you get "machine politics" and a spoiled brat mayor who has no concept of how to be major of a city, along with Commissioners who are simply toadies and won't stand up to him.)
Getting Aliene on "Twitter".  I think she will enjoy using it once she get's use to it.  She has become a great texter and e-mailer once she got her iPhone!  
Looks like rain today AGAIN!  One of things "I can't do anything about, so I just adjust!".
That's it for now, Friday, June 6, 2014

No comments: