Monday, June 09, 2014

Spring 2014 June 9 Monday

68 degrees this morning.  Rain, and more rain.  
CMA Fest was a lot of fun.  Even our seating area, I noticed that there was much more visiting as the days went by.  (Many of the persons have the same seats each year.  I was complaining about an act (that they was a type of music I don't like and  i feel completely unrelated to even music, much less Country Music) and the man in front of me turned around and agreed with me.  I was surprised to realize exactly the same thing had happened with the same man the year before!  I need to be careful how loud I talk although in this case it didn't matter! I was amazed that my voice carried with the other noise around.)
There are always changes we don't like and changes we do like, and we try to complain about the bad changes and compliment on the good changes.  
I had a lot of fun with my new knowledge of "Evernote" during the weekend.  I was able to make "video" and/or "audio" "notes" to subjects (such as CMA FEST 14) and even have a GPS notation of the location.  Evernote is fun because there is always something new to learn and try.  It can also be frustrating, but I have found their staff support is pretty good, if not extremely fast.  
Another job interview this week.  This one promises to be especially interesting for several reasons.  Whenever my job entailed hiring people, I always considered the long-term impact to both the person involved and the organization.  When turnover is so low that a person you hire may retire there, you realize the impact of your decision both on the person and on the organization.  Or you realize how one person can impact an organization either in negative or positive terms.  
That's it for today, Monday, June 9, 2014, a rainy and wet day and week.

No comments: