Monday, June 23, 2014

Summer 2014, June 23 Monday (Moving Day)

73 degrees this morning.  Looks like it may be a wonder day, weather wise.
Said our final goodbyes to some close friends last night, and the reality is now that we are moving and our life is changing.

Today is "moving day".  Woke up this morning and found that ATT had already cut off my phone and DSL (fortunately I have cable also).  Not sure if it is an error or the new owner ordered a new line.  Can't blame her if ATT error.  Obviously I need my phone forwarded.  When I called it, I found it didn't even leave a message, you just got that weird message that the "call couldn't be completed". 

Movers coming today, so that includes the agony of packing/throwing away every last dustball.  I really don't like moving!  In this case, I like it even less.  

Today will be busy, movers coming, taking care of last minute details.

ATC Fitness probably thought I was a vampire, this will be the first time I have ever gone in the building in daylight!  I want to go in personally to make sure they cancel both Aliene and my accounts.  That is why I hate "easy pay" accounts, somehow some of them never seem to be able to get shut down, they live forever.  I have even had to "lose" credit cards to stop "automatic" payments that were "automatic" after I stopped them.  

Actually, I don't expect any problem with ATC Fitness on this, it is a well run company.  I will really miss it, they always kept it clean and the machines operational.  Also, best of all, they were open 24 hours a day and at $15 pre month (although with an irritating yearly fee), they are a bargain.  

I need to sign off now.  I plan on updating it tonight when we get to the hotel on our way to our destination.  

That's it for now, Monday,  June 23, 2014.  Later on June 23rd:  Moving actually went well, probably better than expected.  Very strange to see the house empty and see someone else start to move in.

We have officially left Lakeland and are on our way to our new destination.  We are now  officially "homeless"! 

Tired, but glad this part is over.  Move in will be tougher in a way, but at least there are only self imposed deadlines.

No comments: