Sunday, June 30, 2013

Summer 2013 June 30

Too cool to sit out on the patio this morning.  Indulging in my secret vice, watching Country Western videos while reading, working etc.  That is the only thing I miss when I sit out on the patio in the summer.  Not sure when I started watching Country Video videos in the morning, but I have been doing it for years.  "Watching" may be the operative word, since I frequently couldn't tell you what I actually saw, but occasionally one catches my attention.

I like a wide variety of music, probably partly due to my Dad who was a music teacher.  I remember him listening to "Music from the Masters" on Sunday afternoon on WIBW Radio (Topeka) and take a nap.  He would be surprised now to find numerous classical (and other) music channels both on radio and tv and especially the internet.  I'm not aware of any any classical music videos though.

When I was in Oklahoma City in the early 1990's there was a hockey team called the "Oklahoma City Blazers" that provided inexpensive and fun entertainment.  I always loved the opening where they would turn out the lights, the hockey team would come out and skate, spotlights would come on and some music would play which sent chills down my back.  For years, I have been trying to fine the name of the song when purely by accident the other night I heard it on the Memphis Public Library station on Memphis music (but I think they were emphasizing Chicago music with Memphis connections for some reason).

It was the opening notes of Styx "Fooling Yourself".  One of life's great puzzles finally solved!

I am hoping I can get by photo's in iPhoto figured out.  Somehow they got duplicated (maybe when I bought a new computer) and it is a mess trying to find one.

No comments: