Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Summer 2013 June 18

Rain last night.  (and yesterday afternoon).

Didn't ride my bicycle to the gym, but I did get my other exercise in.  Cloudy and muggy this morning (71 degrees when I got up).

I recently joined (or participated in starting) a "book club".  We missed the first meeting because of the CMA Fest, but read the book "The Supreme's at Big Earl's All You Can Eat" (or something like that).  It was a wonderful book, and emphasized to me again on how many wonderful books  there are out there that I haven't read!  Giving new meaning to "So Many Books, So Little Time"!".  If you have a chance, read it, it will be a new experience!"

I have been keeping a list of books I have read since 1989 when a friend gave me a book about books that had a calender (without dates).  I occasionally make an attempt to put them on my computer, but never have finished.

I am always amazed when I come across a book I read (such as "Bright Lights, Big City" and realize it has been 20 years since I read it!  It literally just seems like yesterday!

Going to the University of Memphis campus for a meeting this morning.  Not looking forward to the drive.

No comments: