Thursday, June 13, 2013

Summer 2013 The Beginning and the End

June 13, 2013:

This is the time of year that I love, the days are getting longer, hot weather is coming and on weekends and evenings I can enjoy the weather (barring rain or storms).

It is somewhat bittersweet each year to realize that at the height of Summer (June 21), the days start getting shorter and it is a sure thing that Winter is coming again!  However I enjoy the summer while it is here.

We just got back from CMA Fest in Nashville last weekend.  It is always fun and relatively inexpensive. We get to see the "legends" as well as newcomers and the established stars (such as Taylor Swift, Brad Palsy, Derick Bentley, Carrie Underwood, Zac Brown Band, Little Big Town, Kenny Rogers etc.   

I always realize how courteous and friendly Memphis is when I go out of town.

We have been really busy, which is nice in a way, but it is difficult to keep up with everything.  I still get up around 3 a.m. and walk and ride my bike etc.

I started a "written" journal in 1988 and now don't have a written journal with all of the electronic alternatives.  I miss writing on paper, but not so much that I insist on writing in a paper journal!

No comments: