Thursday, June 27, 2013

Summer 2013 June 27


84 degrees at 3:00 a.m. this morning!  I love Summer!  Actually it is cooler now (about 6:30 a.m.) because it has clouded up some.

I am against irrigation systems for grass (waste of water etc.) on principle, and mine seems to know it.  Even though I have it set not to spray my favorite place on the patio, somehow the wind manages to change to spray it so it is wet when I go to my patio in the morning!

Thursday morning.  The week seems to speed by.  I go to work, the day is over and I realize I have basically spent all my time in meetings, conversations or phone calls and I still have all the memos, letters and e-mails to return!  It keeps life interesting anyway.

Looking forward to the Courter/Wherry reunion in several weeks.  Angela, Katherine and Kali all look forward to it also.

I am starting to think about riding my bike more to prepare for the "Ride with the Summer" either in 2014 or 2015.  I may do some longer rides to prepare.  I really am not used to riding with people around me, so I may enter some (of the slower) "rides" of 20 miles or so.  I would like to do the "Ride Across Tennessee", but it always seems to be on time when I have another conflict.

"Early Voting" on the Lakeland Municipal School referendum is this Saturday.  We expect a good turnout.

No comments: