Saturday, June 15, 2013

Summer, 2013: June 15

A weekend, thank goodness.  First day of sitting out on my back area enjoying coffee and working etc. I'll try to get a picture of the back yard on there.  (I do post in on my Tumblr and twitter pages.)

This is the summer I will actually turn 66, an age I couldn't imagine not too many years ago.

Enjoying the weather and thinking about how to celebrate the "longest day of the year" (not really, because the longest day of the year also means the descent into winter! Or something like that.

Didn't get my Wall Street Journal for some reason this morning.  I miss it when it doesn't come.  It is a real blessing to be able to the the Wall Street Journal and the New York Times delivered to my door!  (I only get the Times on Friday, Saturday and Sunday since I literally don't have time to read it during the week.).

My typical morning is to get up about 3 a.m., usually piddle for about 10 minutes, walking for 30 minutes, than bicycle to the gym, where I am on the stationary bike (really the newspapers!) for about 34 minutes, bicycle back, shower, take a 27 minute nap (why 27 minutes?  I don't know either!).  Then I work for about an hour and a half (reading, sending e-mails, updating things, writing memos I don't get time to do during the day etc.), than eat my breakfast of Oatmeal, blueberries, and (lately) and apple with peanut butter and then head to work!

Somehow it all works out and I love my routine.  I also drink about 8 cups of coffee (as measured by Starbucks, which is about 3 real cups of coffee!)




No comments: