Saturday, June 22, 2013

Summer 2013 June 22

Saturday morning on the patio, another beautiful day!

Musing about my recent trip to the CMA Fest.  Memphis residents are much better hosts than Nashville residents/businesses.  It is almost universal.  Memphis residents, police, businesses etc. are much more helpful and courteous, almost never uncaring and rude as most persons in Nashville are.  Just my opinion from my experiences.  Maybe it is because Memphis has much better sweet tea than Nashville does.  (Nashville has the weak tea of OKC, Memphis has strong tea and the sweet tea, which I avoid due to calories etc., is absolutely wonderful.

Overall, a busy weekend planned.

Went to "On the Border" last night and overindulged in refried beans and tamales.  I have a weak spot for tamales ever since I went to Denver between my Freshman and Sophomore year of college (to work at Samsonite) and I bought tamales from vendors on the street corner.

The next year the street vendors were gone, I always wonder what happened to them.

No comments: