Thursday, September 01, 2016

2016 Summer September 1 Thursday

2016 Summer September 1 Thursday

72 degrees this morning, Walk 38:35 minutes 

Light rain started during my walk this morning.  Rather than take a chance, I changed my route so I was closer to home (in case it got heavier) and ended up walking longer than normal.  

I wasn’t expecting any rain or I would have carried something.  I can’t afford to get caught in the rain with all of the electronics on me that may get ruined in a heavy rain!  

Heavy rain last night, a lot of thunder and lightning.  Of course, like all such storms, it was heavy in some areas, light in others.

For a while last night we didn’t have any wi fi, home phone or cable tv.  Back to the dark ages!  At least we had electricity.  

At least the rain means we can conserve some water (and money) and shut off the sprinkler for several days.  Apparently there is a  local weather forecaster that tells you how long you can leave your sprinkler system off after a rain.  However, it changes so much depending on location I’m not sure if I would trust it, although it is simple enough to turn on the sprinkler if the grass starts dying!

It was one of those rains where it was dry in one area, and pouring in another area.  On my way home I went from sunshine to heavy rain to heavy lightning and thunder with no rain.  

Not sitting on the patio, while the light rain stopped, the patio furniture is wet and I just didn’t want to mess with putting down paper etc. to avoid getting wet.  The one thing we miss in this house is our covered patio!  

Tomorrow will mark my second anniversary on my job.  I”m sure I will have more to say on that tomorrow.  

It also will make 2 years and 2 months since we moved (more or less depending on how you define “move”.  I define it as when our household stuff came in.)

A lot has happened, somehow it seems like it has been forever, sometimes it seems like a short period of time.  

It is hard to believe we have lived in three houses in that time, although it was certainly worth it to find the house we live in now (if we had a covered patio!).  

Listening to the book on Tesla, I am amazed at some of the blatant criminal activities that happened that still happen today that appear to be still legal  It includes flat out theft of inventions, patents, one sided “contracts” by persons with money that are so unfair they should be illegal etc.  

I don’t know what needs to be done, but it seems like there  should be some provisions for protecting people who are taken advantage of by someone simply because they have no scruples but have the power and money to get away without theft.  
Locally, a gasoline distributor made an error and distributed gasoline with about 30% ethanol, (versus a maximum of 10%).  That much ethanol can ruin many parts of your car because it is so corrosive.  

Shows the dangers of depending on central distribution.  While this was gasoline, the same could happen to food, water or anything else we depend on.  

Not that I feel we shouldn’t handle the distribution this way, it is just we need to recognize the potential dangers.  

In this case, the gasoline distributor stepped forward and did an admirable job of correcting the problem including paying for any damages etc.

However, now I a wondering about the possible dangers of long-term 10% ethanol! 


That’s it for now, Thursday, September 1, 2016.

No comments: