Tuesday, September 13, 2016

2016 Summer September 13 Tuesday


65 degrees this morning.  No walk, out of town and for some reason I don’t usually exercise when I am out of town, at least walk  I do (when possible) frequently try to swim and use the weight room.

Said goodby and celebrated the life of Aunt Eleanor yesterday.  The conversations bought back a lot o memories.  It is strange how much you can forget as time goes by, although  I expect my memories are categorized and can be recalled if i concentrate on a certain time or person  

One reason I keep a “calendar” (basically just a listing of events during the day, usually very short), is that usually one word or phrase can bring back memories of the entire day.  It is actually rather amazing.  

Of course, some days you may just as not have memories of, but that is part of it.  Actually I try to learn from it, maybe what I should have done different.

The next few weeks will be a variety of events, both in my work and in out personal life.  Work will involve some work at an event and we are planning on taking several  short trips.  

Traveling is fun, but I am also glad to get back.  I think it is a matter of priorities again, when you are gone, you also miss what is going on at home.

The City we live in is considering allowing people to have chickens in their back yard.  I am familiar with chickens, and frankly I didn’t move here to be next to a bunch of chickens.  It they are  taken care of they are fine, but otherwise they are noisy, they stink and I expect, regardless of an Ordinance, they will get out and poop in other peoples yards.  

Regardless of good intentions, people won’t take care of them, and they will have a lot more than “4” (the proposed limit)  and I expect will soon be getting roosters (which are supposedly not allowed under the law), which are really noisy so they can “raise” chickens.  

People are already bragging about breaking the law and having illegal chickens, so why would they bother to follow the rules of any new law?  They have already shown their contempt for the the law by having illegal chickens.  

At least I can state my opinion now!

As I have mentioned, the hotel we are staying in is a real bargain, but, as I speculated, the breakfast left a lot to be desired as far as selection.  At least what was there was fresh but I think we will spring for a breakfast somewhere else this morning.  Otherwise, the hotel was nice enough and a real bargain  

I really don’t understand the economics of hotels, why the most expensive hotels (room rate wide) try to gouge you for the most fees.  Inexpensive heels will have free internet, free breakfast, free parking, etc., but a hotel with a high room rate will charge you extra for the internet access, has an expensive breakfast and gouges you for parking and other fees.  



There must be some rhyme or reason for that, but I still haven’t figured it out. 

Heading back this morning.  It is a relatively easy drive,hopefully it won’t be raining or have any heavy traffic.  

Somehow it seems when you have a funeral, time seems to suspend and you don’t worry about any normal daily or work duties.  People seem to understand, I think it is one of the few reasons that people understand that you have be be absent, can’t get something completed or have to change your plans etc.


That’s it for now, Tuesday, September 13, 2016.

No comments: