Thursday, September 22, 2016

2016 Summer September 22 Thursday



73 degrees this morning, walk 36:05 minutes.

Over the next several days, posts may be somewhat erratic, especially tomorrow (Friday).  

Last day I will write “Summer 2016” as Fall starts this morning at 10:21 a.m.  At least it is the last day wen I will be correct if I do so!

Overall, it has been a good Summer.  At least I can’t think of much I would have changed about it, which means it must have been pretty good!

My walking shoes are now about 50%of their estimated life span, at least as far as walking goes.  

I tend to keep walking/exercise shoes (shoes that fit anyway) on a long term basis with different purposes.  When new, I use them almost exclusively as walking shoes on my walk.  

After I get a new pari of walking shoes, the older ones are relegated to “casual walking”, or primarily for day to day wear.  In the summer, when I primarily wear sandals when I’m not working in the field,they get a big rest.  

The, I think I am correct in saying the 3rd generation of shoes (in ascending order, with the older the shoe, the higher the generation) are primarily used for wear when it is raining or I am in dirty conditions.  If there is a fourth shoe, it is used primarily (or at least reserved for) times I may be in the mud etc.  That is almost never, so basically that shoe is ready to be discarded.  

of course, I also have the shoes which never really got used for exercise, a pari of trail shoes I wear on a non-regular basis and a pair of shoes i use for bicycling (they have  velcro instead of laces on the assumption I won’t get shoelaces in the bicycle chain.  

I wore my “3rd generation” shoes the other day at the fair (when I walked 9 miles) and quickly realized that the shoes have “settled” and are no longer fit for long wear.

I also got a pair of walking shoes which are more or less “dress shoes” to wear when I am “in the field” and walking a lot. 

I really didn’t realize how important good shoes were until I started developing foot problems several years ago and  better shoes have resolved the problem.  Woolworth the cost!

Likewise, the car we bought several years ago is no longer “new”, although it still seems that way.  

I don’t know at what point shoes, cars, furniture, or even people suddenly become “no longer new”, but I’m sure there is some point whee your min more or less knows that the item is no longer “new” as such.  

Not that that is bad, it basically means I am familiar with the item, probably trust it etc.  It does not.

Coming up on another adventure, although in a lot of ways, every day is an adventure on it’s own!

I enjoy going places, but I also enjoy our house and the daily routine etc.  I guess it is matter of setting priorities again.  

If I think one or a top priority I have that I think is important is to get out of the routine daily living occasionally. If nothing else, you realize how good your daily life is!


That’ s it for now, Thursday, September 22, 2016.

No comments: