Monday, September 05, 2016

2016 Summer September 5 Monday

2016 Summer September 5 Monday

76 degrees this morning Walk 35:51 minutes 

Labor Day. About 10 years ago, I fell on my bike.  No real damage, except for some scrapes.  I learned to avoid wet manholes covers at any speed!  I was probably going about 3 mph when I fell.  

Probably it was good, since I learned that, yes, accidents can happen to me!  As I have said before, denial is probably one of the biggest hurtles to have.

Speaking of denial, Saturday morning there was a 5.6 earthquake about 60 miles away (as a crow flies, 77.6 miles to drive)  

A 5.6 earthquake is approaching California strength.  Since it was so deep it didn’t do a lot of damage.

Actually, I didn’t even feel it, I was in the shower, but Aliene heard it rather than felt it.  Maybe it has to do with fault lines, because people even further away felt it and it shook their house (chandeliers’ rattled etc, swimming pools made waves).  

Time for the state government to get some courage and confront the oil companies before a big one happens. It apparently results from the “deep water disposal” wells.  Seems they could find a way to recycle the water.  

There were a number of aftershocks (including yesterday) which were about 3.2 to 3.6 which is still a pretty good quake around here.  

I have only heard two earthquakes (not felt them) at a previous house , but it was enough to make me a believer that we need to do anything possible to stop more of them!

Of course, the oil industry is regulated and taxed very little since they have a lot of lobbyists and contribute a lot of money to political campaigns.  

As another example the company  3M has SIX (yes SIX!!!!!) lobbyists at the state capital.  Just by chance, they get a contract for new state tags worth millions and apparently have other contracts worth millions! 

I don’t remember how much lobbyists pay for meals, gifts and “contributions” to the legislature but it is a lot, and apparently it is a bargain for them for the contracts and “gifts” in reduced taxes and “incentives” they get in return.  The wind industry got such a good deal they are building “wind farms” all over and the “incentives” may bankrupt the state,but the legislature didn’t evan phase them out!

Several dreams: 

One was this morning.  I was at a hotel and there was a group of people who were making large black clouds of soot.  I was at the hotel and remember trying to get the elevator to open so I could get away from the big clouds  All kinds of people were running around, many trying to get me involved in some type of  ceremony. 

i rode with someone and realized I was about 3 miles away from my car.  I decided to walk back to pick up my car, but it was raining very hard.  

I don’t remember much else, but it was a very strong dream.

9-4-16:   Dream

Dreamed we were living someplace and moving to a new house.

I don’t remember a lot about it except that I took something over to the new (to us) house and the house was an incredible  mess! The previous tenants and left a lot of items, and stuff was strewn all over the place.  

I walked around and thought about how  i had to contact the landlord and get them to see it.

I don’t call a lot of what happened prior to that except there was something about  a library. 


That’s it of now, Monday, September 5, 2016. 

No comments: