Saturday, September 17, 2016

2016 Summer September 17 Wednesday



68 degrees this morning.  No walk.

Yesterday waked about 7 miles.  Was going to start my regular walk routine, but  decided to wait one more day. 

It isn’t the exercise as much as my foot is hurting some, and I want to give time too recover.

I want to keep walking and exercising on a regular basis,since I figure that is one thing that can prevent  or at least slow the approach of “greezerhood”               

Rained at the State Fair yesterday in the morning.  Not too bad, I had an umbrella and it cooled things off for awhile.  

“Spellcheck” is another convenience that is good, but it also has become rather arrogant and feels it “Knows what is best for you” and it frequently doesn’t.  

At times, I am tempted to turn off Spellcheck but the convenience somewhat outweighs the inconvenience and the mistakes it creates!  

It does force me to check back and review what I have written, although unfortunately I still sometimes miss my errors and as  well as Spellcheck errors and Spellcheck errors can sometimes be more embarrassing with the words it comes up with!

However, the convenience far outweighs any problems it creates!  

Last night, went to the AAA game and was surprised at how cool it got during the night.  A sure harbinger that Summer is over.  

I think the coolish temperature is one factor in my decision not to walk today.  Cold weather is coming fast enough without it “being here”                     

Speaking of iPhones and technology, I am amazed at how good “speaking” text messages etc. has gotten.  I need to practice more on it, although you   can’t use the technology n a meeting or anywhere you may not want to be speaking your thoughts out loud!

I remember I had a friend (long ago) who had to dictate his letters in a room with a lot of other people.  At the time they were still transcribed and typed up by someone else.  I always thought ti would be difficult to dictate letters in a room full of people.  

Of course that was business letters and not personal letters or personal thoughts, but that still doesn’t change the fact that it is difficult to dictate with other people close.  There is also the problem of background noises etc.  

Maybe some day I will be able to “channel” my thoughts and have my thoughts appear on  the screen! 

Sometimes I wonder how they come up with the names they come up with.  “Bluetooth” doesn’t really describe what the technology is, unless you know what “Bluetooth” is, or rather what it does.

I am still fuming about Mathis Brothers and their deception in the way they carefully didn’t tell you that the bed base was “not returnable”.   It is almost an outright lie, even if it was lying by omission.  Lets’ just say we won’t ever deal with them again and we will make sure everyone knows to watch out and avoid them.  Again, it is really strange because  that wouldn’t have affected our decision t purchase or not. 


That’s it for today, Saturday, September 17, 2016.

No comments: