Sunday, September 18, 2016

2016 Summer September 18 Monday



67 degrees this morning, walk 35:55 minutes 

Woke up at my usual walk time this morning to thunder and lightning, which  of course means I couldn’t walk.  However, within a short time it appeared to clear up so I was able to take my normal walk, a little (or a lot actually) late.  

It felt good to get back to my exercise routine, although I probably need to increase my walk a little.  

Heavy rain and lightning yesterday, even delayed a couple of college football games and delayed the AAA playoffs. 

Probably also created some problems at the state fair.  

Of course, the State Fair now (or at least here) is almost all on hard surfacing.  If I remember correctly, the fairs I went to years ago were dirt and rain turned it to mud! 

The local AAA team season ended when they lost in extra innings  Of course, the problem with AAA baseballs the good players get called up if the MLB team may qualify for the playoffs, so the good players are gone and you basically see a whole new team, so the playoffs don’t really make a lot of sense.  

Makes you realize that professional sports are just contrived to make money and invent artificial “rivalries” to increase interest.  

The local AAA team is primarily interested in selling to businesses and not too interested in the “ordinary fan”.  

You know something is off when they announce a “sellout” and the stands are only about 40% full.  Means they have sold most of the tickets to businesses who can’t even bother to give away he tickets.  

Or, as they say, a lot of people come disguised as empty seas!

While we don’t watch a lot of football, we do like to tape several college games and watch them later.  We go to extremes to avoid seeing scores etc., although if we do, it isn’t really a big deal, but it is a lot more fun if we don’t know the score. 

I saw several baby snakes on the front porch the other day.  I didn’t want to kill them but I definitely didn’t want them coming into the house!  I kind of brushed them away so they were heading gah either way, but I did see several dead baby snakes (smaller than the ones I chased away) near the front door.  

Of course, baby snakes means …. (right, adult snakes are probably somewhere close!)

As long as they are in the house and aren’t poison snakes, I don’t  really care.  Snakes actually do a lot of good (at least that is what I hear!)  I still don’t and won’t like snakes or like be around them, any more than I like spiders etc.

I need to get a copy of my “pay stub”  (such as it is) for refinancing our house.  Of course it is on a web site which will not cooperate and no one is available for “help” until next week. 

Sometimes technology isn’t all that good.  I’m sure it is something  minor, more likely, it doesn’t “work with my browser” or I need to update something etc.  

Again, one of the big problems in the modern world is having to depend on other companies, many of whom don’t have your interest at heart. 


That’s it for now, Sunday, September 18, 2016.         

No comments: