Tuesday, April 07, 2020

2020 Spring April 7 Tuesday

#Purple_Days_and_Golden_Nights
#My_Journey_20
#Spring_of_20


64 degrees this morning,  81% humidity, Wind  14 mph

Yesterday, weather turned out well, high of 76 degrees.  Only problem was a high wind. The temperature was in the low to mid 60’s most of the day so the wind made it seem cold.

Walk, 22:39 minutes, pace was 39 seconds slower than my goal.  Wind was around 18 miles per hour but it really didn’t bother me.

Listened to music on my iPod again, battery is still holding up.  I put it on “shuffle” and listen to everything from classical music to a “noise” to rock music.  It is entertaining to listen to while I walk.

I do need to brush up on my “play lists” so I can play a certain type of music, depending on the way I feel , etc. 

Several aspects of the current “shelter in place” that I have read about recently include:

-Don’t try to make very minute “productive”.  Realize there is value in “being”.  I know the feeling of trying to be “productive” every minute. I really probably am not in that stage now, but I also like to think I always have tried to have some balance in my life, between work and play, etc. 

Of course, it kind of depends on a value judgement, since everyone has a different idea of “balance”.

-People are dreaming more vivid and dramatic dreams, primarily as a result of the current  crisis.  I have noted that I have had more vivid dreams (most of which I don’t remember more than a few seconds, but which seem to take longer to realize I am dreaming and it is not reality).

Another “Zoom” Toastmasters meeting tonight.  It is good to develop experience with internet meetings, regardless of the situation.  

One thing I really notice about the current situation is the vast reduction in driving.  Now it seems strange to drive what once were familiar daily routes.  

Back to the “zoom” birthday party yesterday, and considering the cancelled graduations, birthdays, job interviews , etc. 

Just as an example, the driving license tests are cancelled, so no one who is eager to drive an get a drivers license, which is necessary to get a job and continue to process of growing up , etc.  It will affect all ages, but I feel like it is hardest on the younger group who are just entering collage,  just getting their drivers license, just entering the job force, etc., as well as especially children  who don’t really understand what is going on.  

It’s awful to put your life on hold at the ages of 16-22 or so and not really know when it resumes and you are missing one-time events of passage.  


That’s it for now, Tuesday, April 7, 2020.  

#Resist 

No comments: