Thursday, April 16, 2020

2020 Spring April 16 Thursday

#Purple_Days_and_Golden_Nights
#My_Journey_20
#Spring_of_20

50 degrees this morning, 60% humidity, wind 13  mph

Cool yesterday, warmed some, but not really warm.  Supposed to be in the 70’s today before it cools down again.  I’m ready for Summer!

Walked 24:33  minutes, pace was 39 seconds slower than my goal.

Today is going to be “video day” as I have two work related meetings on “Microsoft Teams”  (the Microsoft version of “Zoom”).  I think it is more stable than Zoom and has more features. 

It has some interesting features that allow for “on demand” or general announcements to “Team” members. 

I’m not familiar with it all that much, just use it.  It will be interesting to see how much programs like this are continued to be used after “normal” returns, whatever normal may be.

I don’t really like the intrusive nature of it, but it is convenient for right now.  

I can’t imagine video meetings ever replacing “personal meetings” since so much goes on “on the side” at regular meetings it is difficult to imagine how the video meetings would take the place of all regular meetings.  

Of course, there are all kinds of ways you can “chat” in private , etc. I don’t know or care to know how to use them unless the video meetings become a major permanent factor.

I just don’t care about intentional  “networking” any more, at least deliberate networking with intent, if that makes any sense. Networking that occurs naturally is fine.  Actually I have found that “unintentional” networking always worked best for me.

Actually I am surprised that the Apple Face Time isn’t used more, probably the others have more features and work with any type of device.

Another sign of the “new normal” is more payments electrically. While I love electronic banking , etc., I have never really used PayPal , etc., in fact I avoided them.

So now I have to set up a Payday account for a club I am Treasurer in and I don’t have any idea how to do it (without incurring fees).  Usually I can pretty well figure things  out from looking at Google, but I am having a problem setting it up without being charged  fees.

I have really been pleased with the battery life on the new iPhones.  I use my work phone very intensively during the day and it still has 68% battery life at night.  The other one always  has 75% or so. 

The one I have for work automatically shuts down at 4:30 p.m. until 7:30 a.m. Absolutely nothing gets through, although I have a lot of notifications at 7:30 in the morning as well as voice mails etc!  


That’s it for now, Thursday, April 16, 2020

#Resist

No comments: