Friday, April 10, 2020

2020 Spring April 10 Friday

#Purple_Days_and_Golden_Nights
#My_Journey_20
#Spring_of_20

41 degrees this morning,  49% humidity, 10 wind mph

Generally nice day yesterday, a lot better than forecast.

Weights morning,  sit-ups, barbells, bench press

Walk:  21:40 minutes, pace was 21 seconds slower than my goal.

This is the time of year I always have a hard time deciding how to dress while I walk, since it is hard to know if it is going to be hot or cold during the walk. 

After the last two days (Tuesday and Wednesday), I am definitely ready for Summer to start.  I do realize there may be more cold days until mid-May, but at least there will be some good days also. 

Friday, thank goodness, the weekend is almost here. Right now we normally would be watching baseball, the “March Madness” would have just been over, a number of Spring type events would have been held , etc.  

I thought that without the normal activities (not just the special activities, but the normal daily activities  of a normal Spring also),  life would soon become humdrum, but it has developed a routine of its own. 

Meanwhile, “Sheltering at home” continues.  Somehow it develops it’s own pace.  Not that it will ever seem “normal," but it just becomes part of life we hope will be temporary.

Of course, I watch every little cough or sniffle (fortunately very few) and don’t even think of “this is it," that I have the virus.  It is comes, it comes. All we can do is do everything possible to avoid it.

I am finding out one store is significantly better at delivering and not “substituting” or having items we order and then they are out when we pickup or have it deliver.  Also, the quality of the products (especially fresh food) is uniformly outstanding.  It is amazing how much better they are than the other stores. 

We have never used delivery or pickup of groceries before, so it has been a learning experience, primarily positive.  I don’t know if we will continue after things return to “normal”  (whatever that may be) or not.  It may depend on what “normal” is in the future. 

It is surreal to see the news each day and see the number of persons with the virus and worst yet, the number of deaths.  

Meanwhile, 2020 continues.  It is already April 10, 2020, and I am still occasionally writing “2019”.  I think it is difficult to realize the year is actually progressing since everything is so different this year, none of the normal markers that a year has.


That’s it for now, Friday, April 10, 2020.

#Resist

No comments: