Wednesday, April 01, 2020

2020 Spring April 1 Wednesday

#Purple_Days_and_Golden_Nights
#My_Journey_20
#Spring_of_20

52 degrees this morning, 76% humidity

Developed into a good day yesterday, started off cloudy.  Coolish all day

2020 is already 25% over, it is speeding by.  I have to admit this is the most unusual year I ever remember.  No sports, stores closing, everyone staying home, keeping at least 6’ between people, panic buying of toilet paper , etc. 

Worse yet, a totally incompetent federal administration who appear to be trying to make it worse by screwing up the distribution of medical protective equipment etc and basing decisions on someone kow towing to a lying coward lunatic and his cowering cowards. 

April 1.  I always hated “April Fools” day.  I consider persons who do “tricks” or “pranks” (or pinch you on St. Patricks Day) as bullies.  That includes “April Fool” news stories , etc. 

Sit-ups, barbells and the bench press yesterday morning.

Also walked 21:00 minutes, pace was 1 minute 50 seconds slower  than my goal. 
Slower than usual since I stopped to adjust my audible player (a repurposed iPhone) which delayed me more than I realized.

Listening to Michael Lewis “The Coming Storm” which is like a long article I got free.

He goes into weather forecasting, which is really interesting.  I didn’t realize that weather forecasting was basically guessing until 1993 when the first true forecasting started with the “big data” available.  

Part of it was there was so much data, they hadn’t organized it.  

I wasn’t surprised to learn that the lying coward lunatic almost destroyed the weather service by trying to appoint the owner of a “private” weather service who thought the weather forecasts should be only available to private forecasters who would “sell” the free forecasts.  

Except for one vote, the public weather service would have been destroyed.   

He goes into chaos theory a little (where a butterfly spreading its wings in Brazil can create a tornado in Kansas, as the saying goes).  

Amazing how much I learn and how little I know!   

Several really bizarre dreams recently.  One this morning was especially unusual.

My Dad and Daughter and I were in a hotel and went through the hotel restaurant buffet line.

As we got to the end, I realized I didn’t have my wallet on me.  

I went out to the car, and for some reason I moved the car.  I can remember backing up on a very dusty street.  Doesn’t make any sense, but it was a dream.

Anyway I got back to the hotel, but I couldn’t remember where I had parked the car.

Also, my Dad and my daughter were both not around.

Later, I was in the lobby, with several bags of “stuff," trying to decide which bag to put the stuff in.  

When I woke up, it took me a long time to realize it was just a dream. 


That’s it for now, Wednesday, April 1, 2020.

#Resist

No comments: