Friday, April 03, 2020

2020 Spring April 3 Friday

#Purple_Days_and_Golden_Nights
#My_Journney_20
#Srping_of_20

34 degrees this morning,  91% humidity, wind 20 mph

Coolish day yesterday, little sun, wind speed 21 mph. Need I say more?  I’m ready for the real Spring to come.

Showers and temperatures in the 30’s predicted today.  So much for walking outside!  

Weights yesterday (sit ups, barbells and bench press)

 Walk;  23:18 minutes, pace 45 seconds slower than my goal. Windy out today, but I decided I’d go ahead and try it. It was ok and I didn’t cough. 

The virus is getting more unreal each day.  Like someone said, when you’re living through something, it’s a lot different from history when you know how something ended.  (Actually the historian Doris Kearns Goodwin said that on tv the other day.) Living through a crisis when you don’t know how it is going to end (or if it is going to end) is a lot different from looking at history and knowing how it will end. 

Meanwhile, we are living in an artificial reality where we don’t go out and eat, don’t visit anyone or don’t go into stores, the library , etc., because they are closed.  Perhaps worse, literally millions of people are suddenly unemployed. 

We order our groceries either delivered or “no contact” pickup, and use drive thru’s , etc.  Meanwhile, we wonder if we are doing enough to protect against a silent enemy

Used my old iPod on my walk again yesterday.  The battery is holding up well.  Listening  the music Is kind of like archiving, reviewing a history of my life.  

Talking about weird dreams, I had a weird dream the other day that I still remember even though I didn’t write it down.

The dream seemed to include a collage of at least 4 cities I have lived in (including where I lived in the 8th, 9th and 10th grade, at last 3 of my past jobs and who know s why else.

In the dream, for some reason I didn’t have a car, and I needed to get to work by 8:00 a.m.  

I was apparently a long way from work, and I announced I was getting an Uber.  However someone in the house (I don’t know whom) was going to “downtown," which was halfway to my workplace.

I got there, and called for an Uber, and waited for an Uber, which was really delayed (I was supposed to be at work at 8:00 and it was already 8:30 a.m.)

My Uber came and it was a huge dump truck.  As we went I looked down and it was like I was way above he earth (this was a dream, remember).  I looked down and saw all of the buildings , etc., from way high up.

Then I woke up, but I had strong feeling that it was real for a few minutes after I woke up even as odd as the dream was.


That’s it for now, Friday , April 3, 2020.

#Resist

No comments: