Tuesday, October 29, 2019

2019 Fall October 29 Tuesday

#Purple_Days_and_Golden_Nights
#My_Journey_19
#Fall_of_19

31 Degrees this morning (feels like 23) 82% Humidity

Miserable day yesterday, cold, light rain occasionally.  Preparing us for winter, high was around 45 degrees.  “Freeze warning” was apparently correct!  

I decided to have a Mac computer shop look at the “c” on my MacBook Air.  I thought it would be a simple fix, but, if not, no cost or harm, except that the trade-in value will substantially decrease!  

I am using my iPad, and it actually isn’t that bad.  I was thinking perhaps I could just use this instead of a laptop, but I don’t think I’m quite there. 

It would be nice to have a “touch screen”, but there are other limitations.  Of course many of the projects I need the laptop are “round Tu it” projects, but if I can’t do it, it will eliminate the possibility of me doing them.  

I think maintaining the possible is worth getting the laptop.  Of course, I could always use the desktop, but when you get used to a desktop for many projects, it is difficult because of the convenience.

With the Apple environment, I can work on projects on all of my devices which makes it nice.  If I need the desktop for something, I can do some on the iPad, some on the MacBook Air and where needed the desktop.  I also can do part of it on the iPhone.

When I think about it, it is really amazing what we can do now with computers and I’m sure I do only a small minimum of capacity.  

I did find out that my new iPhone doesn’t “rotate” right.  I called (or rather “chatted”) with Apple and of course they wanted to “factory reset” it.  I told them, no thanks, that appears to be their answer to everything.  I’ll take it to the Apple store.  

We are going to take a “seminar” in the iPhone at the Apple store, hopefully I’ll learn more of its capacity!

This is going to be an experience to post this in my usual Journals.  It may be several days before this is posted, but I will write it anyway.  

I guess it is kind of like “if a tree falls in the woods and no one hears it, does it really make a sound”?  If I write this and no one reads it does it actually exist?

Actually I have written a lot of items that only I have seen.  I think basically I write it for myself.  Oddly enough, I have never gone back to read any of what I have written, it is enough to know I wrote it. 

I ponder about how my journal I wrote today would have been different if I had my laptop. One of those things I will never know.  Kind of like the “road not taken” or perhaps “the road taken”.

One of the problems is my passwords are “saved” on my laptop to the point that I have long forgotten the passwords.  Fortunately sometimes I luck out sometimes not!  I am ready to get a “password generator” or whatever they call them so I don’t have to worry about it.

Today is supposed to be a nasty day, rain, cold and even possibly snow or freezing.  I’m glad it is an “office day”!  

I’m going to find out if I am able to post this Journal now.  If not, it will probably be later this week before it is posted, but at least I have written it.

That’s it for now, Tuesday, October 29, 2019.



No comments: