Thursday, October 24, 2019

2018 Fall October 24 Thursday

#Purple_Days_and_Golden_Nights
#My_Journey_19
#Fall_of_19

52 Degrees this morning, 99% humidity, rain all night.

Started off nice yesterday, cloudy when we got home, cold weather coming in.

Back to the reality of work, as they say, or the reality of daily life.  

A very nice and interesting vacation.  One of the most interesting aspects was my coughing and respiratory problems ceased almost completely.  It will be interesting to see how long my coughing cessation , etc., continues.   

I think in the future I will schedule a day off after I get back from vacation rather than scheduling work the next day.  

While there were a lot of highlights of our vacation, one has to be the “skywalk” above the Grand Canyon.  

The Skylight is a glass walk over the Grand Canyon.  Supposedly it is 4,000 feet.  That may be just hype,  but then there isn’t a lot of difference between 2,000 fee and 4,000 feet if you fall through the glass!  It really was fascinating.  

Unfortunately you couldn’t take pictures, they want to be able to sell you photographs of people on the Skywalk.  

However, in a way it doesn’t matter, since photographs can’t even come close to the actual experience of seeing the Grand Canyon.  

We saw the “west rim” this time, which is much different from the South Rim that we visited several years ago.

At one stop, I can understand how people fall over the Grand Canyon sides.  It is very dangerous to say the least since it is so easy to get close.  Of course, getting close is part of the attraction.  

We also saw the sign for “Area 51," which was interesting.  I hadn’t really thought about where “Area 51” was.  I doubt that the infrastructure could support many people “storming the gate” of Area 51  

I really think if there are aliens, they couldn’t be contained by the fences or whatever of “Area 51”.  

I have always thought it is a little presumptuous to think we (humans) are the only “higher form” of life on the world, although I really don’t know if I believe life as we know it exists on other planets , etc.  One of those things that it really doesn’t matter what I think, it either is or isn’t!  

On the other hand, when you look at some of the atrocities committed by humans , and “people” like the lying coward lunatic and his band of boot licking cowards, I’m not sure if the term “intellinent life” actually applies.


That’s it for now, Thursday, October 24, 2019.

#Resist

No comments: