Friday, October 28, 2016

2016 Fall October 28 Friday


66 degrees this morning, Walk 36:32 minutes

Opened up the iWatch yesterday, got it charged up and telling time.  Of course I didn’t buy it to tell time!

I have 14 days to decide if I like it or not.  Notice I didn’t say if it was worth the money!  It probably isn’t, but I figured if I was going to buy one, I may as well get what I wanted.  The band is wonderful.

Of course the key isn’t telling time, but getting the other functions.  

The State is going to a new way of paying mileage where you get paid for actual GPS mileage from stop to stop.  (They figured out it was another way to punish state employees, although it probably won’t make any difference, except increase the amount of time needed to document  the mileage , which will actually decrease productivity and increase costs!  

Anyway, I figure the watch GPS will document my mileage exactly, plus I can use it for my appointments etc., so I figure I can deduct at least part of it off my taxes!  Not that I couldn’t do the same thing with my phone but that isn’t the point.

What is so ironic is that the way the law was written, I am supposed to turn in a documented mileage sheet for each stop I make.  Even the state administrative watchdogs are saying they don’t want us to comply with that part of the law.  Since I make at least 8 stops (and usually more) each day I’m on a “field day”, which is about 3 days per week, that is a lot of paper!

I am thinking (well, not really) of insisting I comply with the law and turn in a piece of paper for the every stop!  Of course, most are actually less than a mile, so whoever wrote the law was more intent on punishing state employees than accomplishing any goal.  

I am going to have to go back and read “Animal Farm”, that describes the State Legislature well.

Today is Friday, which means I will be working a “short day”, since I can’t work over 40 hours per week.  This does give me  a chance to get some things done, and, today will provide me a chance to work on learning my “iWatch”.  

I did set some priorities for the iWatch, first just getting it charged and then getting it to tell time.

My next priorities are getting the GPS to work, the stop watch, and then the appointments and reminders etc.  

One of my priorities isn’t using my watch as a phone!  I think I would feel rather stupid talking into my arm, but…. who knows!

Actually, I am considering wearing my iWatch on my right wrist and a regular watch (when I wear one) on my left wrist.  I really have some watches I like and I see the iWatch as more than a watch.

I thought the new iMac was interesting (I still haven’t read much about it yet) but still not a “touchscreen”.  I just hope my MacBook Air lasts until they have a touch screen.  

Of course, by then laptops may be obsolete. 

I keep seeing the “sponsored content” (so I don’t read it) about “when smart phones are obsolete” and I’m sure they will be.  However I don’t have any idea what will be the next smart phone.  I expect it will take another  Steve Jobs to invent that.

Glad the weekend is almost here!


That’s it for now, Friday, October 28, 2016.

No comments: