Wednesday, October 26, 2016

2016 Fall October 26 Wednesday



66 degrees this morning, walk 36:30 minutes 

I have to admit, I get very tired of seeing people who make unbelievable (and undeserved) amounts of money trying to justify continuing to pay sub-living wages to “ordinary” people.  

Of course we all are subsidizing the companies when full time employees  have to use public programs for medical, food etc. That is just shameful.  

What is worse is when you see companies paying billions of dollars to lawyers and bankers etc. to “buy” another company merely because it gives them more prestige or they make more money.

Of course in a few years they will pay more billions of dollars to “breakup” the company to “capture it’s value” as they sell it for half of what they paid. 

Of course, by then the people who made the original purchase have been paid millions of dollars to retire or leave due to their mistake.

Meanwhile, they try to justify paying a sub-living wage to their employees!   

Mark that as one of those things I can’t do anything about, but at least I can complain about it.  

I saw a quote this morning that I thought was interesting.  (In general, no relation to what I wrote previously).   it was “There is more to life than increasing it’s speed”.  (Attributed to Gandhi).

I’m not really sure if I want to increase the speed of life.  There is always some reason that you hope time goes fast, but there are numerous reasons I would like to slow it down also!   I assume the older you get, the faster life seems to go.

The other day someone in their early 30’s  was bemoaning how fast the year was going, so I guess all ages feel it.

Speaking of time, the “iWatch” is arriving, probably today.  

It was interesting watching it’s progress, it left China and then to Alaska (where it actually arrived the previous day from it’s shipment from China due to the time difference), then to Louisville, than to Dallas and it went out locally at 12:04 a.m. this morning, so I assume it is now on a truck headed to the house,

I plan on using “mindfulness” and enjoy every moment of opening the package.  Then comes the frustration of learning how to do everything with it!

It originally was scheduled for November 3-10, so it is actually about a week early.  

I have been reading up on “apps” etc. and setting up the watch.  As usual, I will take my time learning how to use it.  I will probably spend a day or so just looking at it.

Apple does have a session you can schedule at home on setting it up etc., as well as classes at the Apple store.  

i found I learn better if I try it first and then attend classes on it, rather than the alternative.  Not sure  why, but that is just the way I learn.  

66 degrees this morning, supposed to get hotter today.  I can deal with that!


That’s it for now, Wednesday, October 26, 2016.

No comments: