Friday, October 21, 2016

2016 Fall October 21 Friday



44 degrees this morning, no walk

This is the anniversary date of my first day starting work in City government.  It was a good choice.  Certainly there are some things I would have changed, but overall enjoyed it and especially the people I met and the experiences I had.

I don’t know what I expected that first day, but I am sure my expectations were more than exceeded!

I guess the key is if I had it to do over again, would it do it?  Of course the answer is “yes”, with the provision I would change a few things!

More on Samsung, I read an article about how the company is refusing to pay for damage caused by their exploding phones.  

Apparently Samsung doesn’t treat their customers any better than their employees, which I kind of expected.  

Many of he people with damage say Samsung seems more interested in getting the phones back than in reimbursing people for the damager caused by the exploding phones.  

While it is understandable that they want to investigate the phones and see what went wrong, many of the persons say it seems more like they want the evidence so they can hide the cause.  

A shameful act by a shameful company  I’m certainly glad I have avoided Samsung products for years and will be even more diligent to make sure I don’t have a product made by Samsung or that anything I buy has a part made by Samsung.  

What is worse, Samsung refers people to their “insurance company”, their puppet “Samsung Insurance”!  No  wonder the people  who own the exploding Samsung products are nervous about turning over the only evidence of he cause of heir damage!

Speaking of electronics, my iWatch is on it’s way!  It is scheduled to be here next week.  

As usual, it will probably take me several weeks to look at it and study it before I put into full operation.  I plan on learning some basics about it and then going on a class on it at the Apple store.  

Fortunately, with the internet, I can get a lot of information on the basics “how to get started” and  other information on getting it set up and some basic apps on it.

Since I have 14 days to return it, I do plan on doing quite a bit right at first to make sure I want to keep it.  I doubt if there is really any chance I will return it except to perhaps exchange a defective product. 

In any event, i am glad to know I have a 14 day period to return it!

I have researched the “apps” available for the iWatch and I have bene impressed with the number of apps and the quality of them.  

I have to admit, I really wonder about the rationale for many of the apps (both for the iWatch and the iPhone etc,) but it is nice to know a wide variety of apps are available.


That’s it for today, Friday, October 21, 2016.

No comments: