Thursday, February 08, 2018

2018 Winter February 8 Thursday


28 degrees this morning (feels like 20 degrees), no walk

Decided to hold off on walking this morning while I fully recover from whatever I had.  I feel a lot better from whatever I had and I don’t want to get it again!

My replacement Apple Watch arrived!  It was actually a snap to set up and restore.  Now my only concern is if my old band will work on this watch.  I haven’t set up the “cellular” part of the watch yet, may or may not do it.

I am very glad to have an Apple Watch again.  Since it is the latest edition, it should last me fro a considerable time, assuming no accidental damage!  (I think the original two year coverage is still for only two years, which would be October of this year.)

I am surprised how addictive (for lack of a better word), the watch and the information it provides is.  

I haven’t even seriously considered getting an iPhone X yet, and probably will try to hold out for the next upgrade.  Ditto with the iPad.  

Pondering on my comments on the “February 6, 1988”, as I noted it wasn’t just one thing, it was a change of outlook.  I’ve had some questions about it.

Basically I had just moved to a new area and had concentrated on my new job etc. (which is logical!) for about six months and I realized I had allowed myself to become rather isolated and set in my daily living patterns.  Nothing wrong with that, but I didn’t like the idea.  

(I was going to say “I was too young for that”, but from the perspective of my current age, I believe you are never “too old” to not change your lifestyle if you want. It is a matter of personal choice.  Your choices may be more limited, but they are there.)

I happened to take a poetry class.  The change (even though I never did learn to write or even read poetry all that well) from my daily life for just that several hours per week was something I looked forward too.  I think a change of outlook and a challenge is good..

I also started going out more socially and realizing I had to live as well as live so to speak.  It was really starting to implement my concept that I was living too much in the future and I should experience life.  Not in the sense of partying etc., but just in the sense of experiencing life, both the good and the bad.

I probably didn’t see it as a major change at the time, and there is no one event, it was just a pattern.  

Just heard that “Monopoly” is making a “cheaters edition” where “cheating” is part of the game.  It includes “handcuffs” if you get caught!  To be honest, I’m not sure what I think of that, I assume it all has to be considered in the spirit of entertainment.

I know I starting enjoying cards, games etc. a lot more when I changed my perspective from being competitive to encouraging all players when they won and celebrating their successes with them.  Sounds strange but true.  Hopefully an approach I have adapted to life in general, but improvement is always possible!


That’s it for now, Thursday, February 8, 2018.

No comments: