Monday, February 05, 2018

2018 Winter February 5 Monday


16 degrees this morning (feels like 4).  No walk

Decided not to take any chances with walking this morning,  

I have been doing everything I can think of to avoid the flu or something similar.  I am surprised my hands aren’t chapped from the frequent hand washing, or the fact that I use disinfectant on my hands every chance I get.  Like anything, I don’t know if it helps but I don’t think it hurts anything.  

I also put my phones, credit cards, watches etc. in a device called a “phone wash” that uses UV rays to disinfect.  It works to disinfect sewer water so it should work on anything I have!

I am actually checking on a larger  UV ray machine.  It would be nice to be able to disinfect bigger stuff.  

They actually make a “wand” that will disinfect hard surfaces (such as counter tops, toys etc.), probably worthwhile getting.  Relatively expensive ($84) until the costs of getting the flu or even the sniffles is considered!  Much less more serious illnesses that it may prevent.

I also am even taking an extra nap in the morning when possible just as a preventive measure.  

While we never want to get sick, we definitely don’t want to get sick in the near future since we don’t want it to ruin our “get out of the cold weather break” plans (otherwise known as a vacation!).

Hopefully I will get my Apple Watch this week.  I feel this low-level feeling I’m missing something from not having it.  My only regret is having to “pair” it to my phone again, although It’s actually not that bad.

Another dream that was vividd enough that I wrote it down. 

Dream that Aliene and I were lost in a big building.  I can’t remember now what we were looking for, but there were a lot of stairs and when we went down the stairs we would find a blocked wall..

There were a lot of people about, who generally ignored us.  Sometimes the escalator went the wrong way etc.

It also involved driving and I would stop and back up to try to find my way, in this case to our hotel.  As usual, I have no memory of the transition from the building to driving.  

It was a very vivid strong dream that seemed to last long after I woke up.  I don’t recall what I was looking for in the building but I was very worried when I couldn’t find it.  

The location or city is difficult to pinpoint, it seemed like part of it was Oklahoma  City, part of it the Denver I remember from when I went to college and worked summers at Samsonite in Denver.  The building was basically a maze, with stairs etc. going to nowhere.


That’s it for now, Monday, February 5, 2018.

No comments: