Friday, February 02, 2018

2018 Winter February 2 Friday



29 degrees this morning (feels like 19), walk 33:54* minutes.

A little nippy this morning during my walk, but I was dressed for it.  Wasn’t that bad, the wind wasn’t bad, in spite of the apparent wind chill.  

Somehow I bought two “left hand” gloves with me, which created a little inconvenience.  

Groundhog Day today, I’m sure I will hear and read many of the same comments I read and hear every year (sigh).  At least if I”m reading , I can simply skip over it, the joy of newspapers/internet stories (and “fast forwarding” on tv). 

I have a feeling my ‘walk time” this morning may be incorrect, but it it the best I can do.  I think I got the “time” confused with the”walk time”.  I am using s wrist stop watch and I use while I wait for  a new Apple Watch and I have a feeling I may have gotten mixed up.

Not the most significant mistake I’ll ever make or even make today, I usually pay little attention to my walk time, other than to note the general trend. The pace is actually more informative.  

Advised my new (replacement for the damaged) Apple Watch is coming.  I am more than ready for it to arrive.  

I won’t count on it until it gets here, but since they aren’t making the one I had, I get the latest Series 3 Apple Watch, with cellular yet. 

Reminds me of “Dick Tracy” when I was a kid.  I may have to get cellular service for the watch just for the novelty of it!  I think he had a tv phone wrist watch though. 

Probably since I always have my phone with me, cellular is a waste, although it seems you can always find a reason for something if you want too!  

Thinking about Dick Tracy was in the “New York Daily News” weekend edition I somehow got when I was a teenager, throughly shocking my mom that I was reading such trash!  

Maybe a  predecessor of “fake fox news” except there was always some kernel of truth in the New York Daily News stories.  I don’t really think it got involved in politics at the time, it was more crime and sensational news.  (I realize “trash” reading is in the eye of the beholder.)

I don’t think I read it very long, but i can remember it had Dick Tracy as one of it’s comics.  I believe I was around the 7th grade when I started reading it, I don’t recall where I bought it. I may be wrong about the timing.

February 2.  As I have noted on the “2nd” of each month, it is now 3 years and 7 months since we moved to this area.  Somehow it seems like forever and yet it seems a short time.  

It also means 3 years and 5 months in my current job.  I am still amazed I like it so much. Without going into detail, I think after years of dealing with “interpretations”, I am now dealing with facts.  Either an action was taken or it wasn’t.  The interpretation of the law is also fun,, but the facts remain the facts.   

Anyway, the journey continues, it switched to a new track 3 years and 7 months ago and another track 3 years and 5 months ago.  I always hated the saying “Life is a series of hellos and goodbyes”, but it is true. 


That’s it for now, Friday, February 2, 2018.

No comments: