Sunday, February 25, 2018

2018 Winter February 25 Sunday



74 degrees this morning, 31 degrees at home.  Significant rain forecast.

It has been a wonderful experience to get out of the cold weather for awhile, especially knowing that warm weather and Spring are soon to arrive.  Hopefully the ice and freezing rain will stop.

I felt a real freedom this morning when I turned on my iPhones etc. and realized I have full access to the internet again!  Not that i even turn them off except to reset them, but you know what I mean.

The loss of immediate access, immediate contact, when continuous contact is built into your everyday life leaves a sense of everything  not quite being right.

I had relatively good wifi, just cellular was a problem.  Probably not nearly as bad as some feel it.

Being without access to a DVR etc. makes you appreciate them. What I really appreciate about them is the ability to speed past the gaps between the “news”, half-time shows etc.

Actually, the commercials, public service announcements etc. it is nice to be able to speed past them.  

However, what really amazes me is how banal, unprofessional and just flat low class, crude and incompetent sounding many broadcasters are, from sports to news.  

I hadn’t really realized how bad it had gotten until I lost the ability to “fast forward” though commercials, “happy newscasters” talk, sports halftimes etc,..  There is an amazing amount of incompetence and unprofessional behavior.  

I am a little surprised people put up with it.  Or, maybe like us, they normally don’t pay any attention anyway.

Fortunately there are a still of lot of good ones, and hopefully they will be in inspiration to the future broadcasters rather than the unprofessional ones.

The last day of our journey, by tonight (assuming all goes well) we will be back.  Hopefully I can see a Doctor about my cough on Monday.  (There is a lot of storms between here and where we are going, hopefully they won’t affect us.)

The wild and vivid dreams continued, even this morning.  I don’t remember a lot of them, actually only snippets of any of them, not enough to write down.  They are like a whole nether world of some sort where the cough and congestion are in control.  Strange i know, but sometimes I wonder about how I can fall asleep when I know there is a while different world out there.  Of course it is always different.  

Although I don’t know how long i will continue, this is Day 5 of “vegetarian” eating.  As I mentioned,  i don’t know how committed I will remain.  i still can’ stand the thought of eating meat or fish for some strange  treasons.  Psychological reasons  of some weird sort I am sure. 


That’s it for now, Sunday February 25, 2018.

No comments: