Tuesday, February 20, 2018

2018 Winter February 20 Tuesday



78 degrees this morning. No walk as such although I am getting walking time through the day.

The experience of being in kind of a suspended time space continues.  Actually, for a temporary period of time it is relaxing.  There is actually plenty to do if we should get bored, but nothing we have to do.

i checked out a book at the Library on Time.  I read a review of it and it seemed very interesting and discusses aspects of Time that interest me.

I should have bought it along.  It would have been fun to read about Time when I was experiencing Time in a different way.  

I didn’t bring it because I didn’t want to lose it, and probably more important, I didn’t want to have anything hanging over my head I “had” to do.

I have never had to work a non-regular work shift except perhaps while I was in college.  I have to wonder how it is to work 7 days on and 7 off etc.  

“March Madness” is almost upon us as college basketball reaches the end of the season.  While I like the actual tournament, I don’t get too excited about the “brackets” or anything except the actual games.  

The concept is interesting, 65 treats start and one survives.  Doesn’t leave a lot of room for mistakes!

i am glad we aren’t rated on such a concept!  One mistake and you’re out!

I’m not sure if I would care for a situation where if I make a mistake 20,000 persons cheered that I made the mistake.  I guess the players have to get used to it!  I’m not sure if I ever could, but then I don’t have too.

I assume the cheers when you play well somehow make up for the cheers when you make a mistake.

Anyway, we always look froward to the actual games of “March Madness”, the upsets etc. that happen etc. as psychology takes it’s toll or gives a boost to performance. When you think that all of the players are basically 18 to 22 years old, it is even more amazing that they respond as they do.

We are also reminded that “moderation” is key, in this case with food.  While there is a wide variety of food available, we are proceeding on the premise that a little bit is just as satisfying as a lot!

We had a friend who didn’t usually eat all of his meal, and his comment was basically if he ate it when he didn’t want it that was as wasteful as throwing it away.


That’s it for now, Tuesday, February 20, 2018.

No comments: